• This topic has 25 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • My wife is a fox…..
  • MoreCashThanDash

Obviously 🙄

But especially in the cunning department. 👿

She now leaves herself logged in on ebay so every time I see a potential bargain and add it to “my” watch list it goes to hers instead.

Taken me about a week to twig that a frame I was “watching” wasn’t appearing in my watch list, yet she was asking if I really thought another bike was worth a divorce.

Darn her!

jamiesilo
    Free Member

a ha ha ha!
    mine saw my spread sheet of potential bike build costs ( 😳 ) the other day. similar line about did i really think another bike etc but didn’t mention divorce. i guess it helps we’re not married…

kevj
    Free Member

Simple solution. Just and loads of kit to your her watch list ‘to see what stuff is actually selling for’. Top distraction technique.

stratman
    Free Member

Ah so you’ve found ‘s’ in the how any bikes formula from velominati rule 12

Convince her that she needs another bike -hey presto s just got increased by 1

puppypower
    Free Member

Oh I thought you were going to say she did it so she could buy you things as a surprise. She is clearly evil instead!

drofluf
    Free Member

Simples! Don’t let on that you’ve worked out what she’s doing, add lots of BSO’s to your watch list. She’ll then think that bikes are really cheap whilst on your other account you watch your carbon/titanium/whatever dream bike. Win the auction and pass it off as a BSO. What could possibly go wrong?

Alternatively MTFU and buy what you want 🙂

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

My accountant Mrs added up my annual bike spend. I was shocked at the figures.

She did point out that she was ok with it as I spend far less in the pub than I used to.

dantsw13

We have a mexican standoff in our house. As long as I dont talk about “Bike Shit”, as she calls it, she doesnt care!!

Also, my new workshop is buried deep in the garden, so she never ventures close enough to see what is within.

Rubber_Buccaneer

She is too dim to log out of her ebay account and you are too dim to notice. I don’t think divorce is on the cards, you are a perfect match 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

My wife spends far more on footware and clothes than I do on bike bits and long may she continue because it gives me carte blanche whenever I do need something.

iain1775
    Free Member

You let her have her own eBay account?
    You need tighter controls, she should have a Prepaid tesco card ro get the food in and that’s all the financial responsibility she needs 😉

cheers_drive

he should have a Prepaid tesco card

Unfortunately Tescos sell clothes and Grey Anatomy DVDs too so that’s not restrict their spending 😕
    Seriously though I heard somewhere that part of the success of supermarkets selling clothing is so that her-in-doors can hide the spending from their cave man husband.

binners

mine saw my spread sheet of potential bike build costs

Are you insane? why would you do that?!!! Apart from the the fact that the missus could get hold of it, why would you want to know how much it was going to cost, anyway? When building a bike, cost-wise, ignorance is bliss, surely?

How much did that cost? I haven’t a clue, as I’ve mentally purged the details of that from my consciousness 😉

br
    Free Member

My missus has horses, my spending can’t get near…

philconsequence
    Free Member

My missus has horses,

you can get a cream for that, clears up in 4 weeks or your money back.

TrentSteel
    Free Member

solution…

We use google chrome as a defualt browser and my wife’s ebay account stays signed in on this, so if I want to look at ebay stuff I use Firefox and keep my ebay logged into that one. simples.

plyphon
    Free Member

Solution: Log out.

iain1775
    Free Member

My missus has horses,
    you can get a cream glue for that, clears up in 4 weeks or your money back.

Fixes that for you

crankbreaker

I keep one or 2 of my bikes at a friends house as my flat has less storage than his place with outhouse/workshop. He tells his wife all the bikes are mine, I tell my OH all the bikes are his, noone really knows who owns what so we never fully get into trouble!

downshep

I was browsing online with the wife for a gift when wiggle helpfully popped up with all the ladies swimsuits I had recently been ‘researching’. 😳

nigelb001
    Free Member

Me and the missus have separate laptops, turned out to be a good investment. Also as I work mostly from home, I receive all the many and varied packages and am able to smuggle them into the workshop where they ‘disappear’ while she is in work.

Hope she doesn’t read this!!

singletrackmind

I was browsing online with the wife for a gift when wiggle helpfully popped up with all the ladies swimsuits I had recently been ‘researching’.

“Oh bugger , That was suppposed to part of your christmas present . Never mind I’m sure I can always find you something else”

Sorted

killwillforchips
    Free Member

You married a fox – i married a blue bottomed baboon!

amd yes your wife is a fox! 😉

jamiesilo
    Free Member

Are you insane? why would you do that?!!!

cos i don’t have much money, helps me work out what i can get away with…

but ideally:

I haven’t a clue, as I’ve mentally purged the details of that from my consciousness

aye!

I was in Mooose Cycles a while back oggling an Ibis Mojo; I said I couldn’t justify the money and if The Evil One found out I’d be in the dog house. They told me they’d just write a receipt for however much I wanted to show to her. They said they did it all the time. Genius. Mind you, a woman at work recently told me the value of her handbags and shoes was about £20k; dig deep it reckon.

JoeG
    Free Member

the value of her handbags and shoes was about £20k

She could buy a few very nice bikes for that! 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘My wife is a fox…..’ is closed to new replies.