Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • My washing mashine smells of eggs…
  • titusrider
    Free Member

When the machine starts up it makes an unpleasent smell along the lines of eggs/ kids stinkbombs. being in the kitchen its not really very pleasent.

anyone got any experiance of this?

should i be getting someone to look at it ?

(its a Zanussi)

matthew_h
    Free Member

Do a hot wash with nothing in the drum. It’ll just be a bit of gathered crap in the plumbing and washing everything at 30 or 40 degrees is not hot enough to get rid. The occasional really hot wash will flush it through and kill any nasties.

wwaswas

it’s coming up from the drains – I’d check where it’s plumbed into the wastes etc – sounds like there’s no water in the ‘trap’ (assuming it has one).

hels
    Free Member

Demonic possession ?? (Who you gonna call ??)

hora
    Free Member

Opened the fuzz tray? Should be a little flap at the front/bottom of the machine. its got a plastic collander in there. pull, empty and replace.

Taff
    Free Member

has someone fitted a faulty catalytic converter to it?!?!

Have you checked the filters? My drains stannk the other day so put some soda crystals down there and they were fine after.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Does fuzz smell of eggs then hora?

+1 for hot hot hot wash, oh and cook them in the frying pan next time!

organic355
    Free Member

reminds me I installed a new dishwasher last week, the smell coming from the old waste pipe was enough to get me dry heaving, a fragrant combination of vomit and dog poop! Lovely.

alfabus
    Free Member

hottest wash it can do with a cup of vinegar in the drum… do this every now and then to keep it smelling lovely.

Dave

titusrider
    Free Member

Its connected into the sink like this and the smell is comming from the sink plughole

Ill give it a hotwash and see what happens

GrahamS

Hottest wash it’ll do with vinegar or some laundry bleach through it.
    Stick some bleach down the sink plughole or if you’re feeling brave, whip the u-bend off and give it all a proper clean.

moreupsthandowns
    Free Member

When you put it on boil wash, pour in a bottle of white vinegar that will help shift a bit of the poo!

Oh and disconnect the hose where it joins the waste under the sink, then take the u-bend assemble out from under the sink, you will find that it will have loads of decaying food matter in there as well so grit your teeth stick a strong mint in your gob and get it all out manually.

ENJOY!

wwaswas

top tip;

Having carefully removed the u-bend to avoid getting nasty wastes all over the inside of the cupboard under the sink try and avoid immediatly emptying the contents of it down the plug hole.

rootes1

Its connected into the sink like this and the smell is comming from the sink plughole

be the machine waste water heating gunk up in the sink pipes and overflow..

clean it all out + 90degs wash and bleach

philconsequence
    Free Member

Having carefully removed the u-bend to avoid getting nasty wastes all over the inside of the cupboard under the sink try and avoid immediatly emptying the contents of it down the plug hole.

😆

😳 done the same thing!

GrahamS

And avoid the temptation to rinse the u-bend under the hot tap too (done that) 😳

SamB
    Free Member

Thanks for the thread – my washing machine is connected in the same way and is doing the same thing. I will try the hot wash tonight!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Keep the plug in the sink until its all connected up again (done exactly what others have done ^^^)

Harry_the_Spider

Mine stinks too. I shall “hot flush” it tonight.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘My washing mashine smells of eggs…’ is closed to new replies.