Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • My turn to be Ebay'ed
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Is it pretty common for winning bidders to just sort of disappear?
    Advertised a cheap bike for pick up only, and the winner lives about 300 miles away?
    He wanted to collect on a specific day, that day happens to be the national Champs so I couldn’t do it. Not heard a thing since.

CHB

Not common, unless winning bidder has low feedback. In which case VERY common. Very little problem normally with ebay purchases/sales. Less than 5% need any chasing/follow up.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

more your problem? he wanted to collect on a given date, you said no

months ago, move on

waste of badwidth

nicko74

more your problem? he wanted to collect on a given date, you said no

months ago, move on

waste of badwidth
    eh? Trying to bump up your post count? Just fancy trolling?
    This is ebay, if you make the winning bid, you have to buy the item, regardless of whether a particular day doesn’t work. There are, on last count, somewhere around 6 other days in the average week, and various what’s called ‘postal services’ that allow someone to receive an item from you without having to meet you in person.

To the OP: Long and short of it, no, it’s not normal on ebay (or shouldn’t be), unless the winning bidder looks dodgy. 🙁

Edric64
    Free Member

It was pick up only maybe the buyer was only in the area on that one day for work or passing on holiday given that he wasbuying something 300 miles away?

Dark-Side

It was pick up only maybe the buyer was only in the area on that one day for work or passing on holiday given that he wasbuying something 300 miles away?

Then you would check it was ok to pick up on that day before bidding. That is why eBay has a contact the buyer function 🙄

Edric64
    Free Member

I was just passing comment .I agree that it would be wise to make arrangement before bidding!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘My turn to be Ebay'ed’ is closed to new replies.