Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • My Spring Lamb bike (or, another blingin 'look at my bike' thread from Psychle!)
  • psychle
    Free Member

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/32746168@N08/5068424584/]IMAG0035[/url] by ten_sim, on Flickr

Swapped out the clown front wheel and popped on a pair of 100mm forks, kept it SS though… 50km or so around the Surrey Hills today and what a lovely ride this build is! I really think I may have built myself an almost perfect bike (needs better wheels though, some nice SS King’s would finish it off)…

So ‘springy’ and fun, the image of a lamb or a springbok kept popping into my head when I thought about its ‘feel’, it was so eager and easy to pop off any tiny little lip or jump… superb through the singletrack, fast down BKB and Park Life (chasing chaps on their full sussers and hassling their tails 🙂 ), and then on the climbs it was lovely to (though the engine needs a bit of work 😆 ), that bloody climb up from Peaslake to the top of BKB is a mare, did it three times, but a good reward at the end, ’tis a nice trail BKB 8)

All in, pretty happy with this incarnation, I think it’ll be staying in this guise for a while 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Swapped out the clown front wheel

FTFY.

psychle
    Free Member

FTFY? wadasdatmean eh? Did you go for a ride today or not Elfin?

RealMan
    Free Member

Top marks on tyre logo and valve tyre alignment.

Looks nice.

Hicksy
    Free Member

That looks luuuverly.

I think I saw you yesterday (well I saw the bike!). I’ve just seen your other thread asking if anyone was going out in the ‘Hills – shame I saw it a couple of days late. Anyway, if you want some company next time just let me know.

PS – Did you know there’s a nice(r than going up the road) off road climb from the bottom of BKB? The first bit makes you grunt a bit on a SS though!

cynic-al
    Free Member

You have 2 of those yes?

psychle
    Free Member

You have 2 of those yes?

Yes, I do now… both repaired though, couldn’t possibly hope to buy one new! though… Indy Fab may have been in contact with an offer I might not be able to refuse to reduce this down to one, custom built for me though… all hypothetical of course 😉

PS – Did you know there’s a nice(r than going up the road) off road climb from the bottom of BKB?

I figured there must be, but wasn’t sure where… the road climb is OK, but loooong, specially with just the one gear to grind it out on!

I think I saw you yesterday (well I saw the bike!)

What were you riding about on, where’d you spot me? 🙂

Anyway, if you want some company next time just let me know

Shall do, cheers 🙂

Top marks on tyre logo and valve tyre alignment.

Is it wrong that I paid particular care with this, knowing that I was going to post a pic on here? 😳 😆

mmb
    Free Member

psychle your presence is required on the classifieds

Hicksy
    Free Member

Can’t remember where I saw you, remember the bike though – might have been at the top of Pitch – I was with a couple of friends – me on a white Inbred SS, a mate on a Lynskey 29er and another on a Trek full suss bike we were mainly on Pitch and Holbury – I would have said “Hi” – I say it to everyone, even dogs (although I usually say “herro” to them in a dog voice!)

The off road way back up from BKB – turn right when you get to the end of BKB then right again at the top. You’re then back at the start.

psychle
    Free Member

ah, I remember the Lynskey, definitely 🙂

Hicksy
    Free Member

Tis nice!

RealMan
    Free Member

Is it wrong that I paid particular care with this, knowing that I was going to post a pic on here?

No, but you missed out on the bonus marks of getting the tyre logos the right way up.

atlaz
    Free Member

I saw the Lynskey yesterday; had I known it was an STW forum member I’d have said hi. Pretty sure I’d have remembered the IndyFab if I’d seen it but we spent relatively little time on Holmbury yesterday.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘My Spring Lamb bike (or, another blingin 'look at my bike' thread from Psychle!)’ is closed to new replies.