Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • My son has lost his i-Touch, but its connected to my i-Tunes account…
  • br
    Free Member

DAK how I can 'deauthorise' his i-Touch so if someone finds it and gets through the password they won't be able to spend my money – or doesn't it work like that?

Sorry Victorian Dad question…

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

IIRC if you click on store on the top menu bar of itunes there is an option for deautorising

hope you get it sorted!

richc
    Free Member

I would change your passwords as well if I were you, as I believe the Touch uses the same underlying software as the iphone.

http://iphoneinsecurity.com/

If you can't be arsed to read that site, basically it let you know that it takes about 150 seconds to break Apple security and they use keyloggers to log what you type which invariability catch passwords, and when you delete something it doesn't actually delete it, so it can be easily recovered

br
    Free Member

The 'deauthorise' is about deauthorising my computer, not a linked device.

Thanks for the password tip.

Anyone else know?

enfht
    Free Member

What you need is an iFinder

allthepies
    Free Member

Just change your iTunes store password.

wwaswas

Does that work with an iTouch – my son has one too would be useful to find it if/when he does lose it.

mr_krabs
    Free Member

Does that work with an iTouch – my son has one too would be useful to find it if/when he does lose it.

I think enfht is being a knobber. Noticed he has replied to a couple of the apple related thread with similar suggestions. ifixer
    iprotector

enfht
    Free Member

Just playing with my new iKnobber

mr_krabs
    Free Member

Very good enfht, it is funny how if you put an i in front of anything it has the fanboi's searching. I don't own any apple products, but was thinking of getting an iphone 4. What would I need to be sure that would be the right thing to do?

Moses

from what I gather, an iFone 4 is the right toy if you don't actually need to make any calls.

enfht
    Free Member

When you try and make a call it transforms into an iShit

mr_krabs
    Free Member

Thought it was iHangup

glenh
    Free Member

Ignoring all the iBollocks, the answer to your original question, as noted above is to simply change your iTunes password.

+ any other important passwords that he might have saved on there (eg. email) just in case I guess.

lazlo53
    Free Member

Go to apple and look for 'find my IPhone (works for touch as well) That'll direct you to an app which will let you send a message OR wipe the iPod. PS, Apple think of everything.
    …..Sits back and waits for usual 'informed opinion'

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘My son has lost his i-Touch, but its connected to my i-Tunes account…’ is closed to new replies.