Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • My snobbery knows no bounds
  • oldgit
    Free Member

So show me some great bikes made to look awful by their incompatent owners.
    Things like road bikes with $$$$$ carbon deep dish wheels but at the same time sporting the worlds supply of stem spacers and a dangling seat pack.

Pook

*incompetent, world’s

out-snobbed. ;o)

oldgit
    Free Member

Oooh you better not have any nightmares in your bike closet 👿

TooTall
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it be ‘£££££’?

oldgit
    Free Member

True, but it would be even better if they’ve imported their pride and joys from over the pond.

AD

Sounds like Oldgit was overtaken on a training ride…

clubber
    Free Member

just go and look at the users’ bikes on roadbikereview.com 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Which would be bloody impressive as I’ve only been on my turbos 😉

There’s this, but it’s not subtle enough like a carbon cage on a skinny steel tubed frame.

Oggles
    Free Member

Do you mean deep rim wheels, deep dish is for cars or pizza.

😉

oldgit
    Free Member

I do 😳

Thanks for the heads up. Plenty of race bikes there with heavy but aero deep rim wheels, with bars higher than the saddle and a ‘floppy’ saddle bag attached.

Sort by highest price brigade.

ampthill

I once saw a fully tricked Mojo with massive forks in a really bright colour. Over kill for Coed y Brenin. Well yes it was on the green family route with a front child seat and toddler. Saddly no photo

I do have a relative to whome I politely mentioned that a new carbon road bike might not work for them as there current touring bike has a quil stem that looks like a walking stick and therefore their may not be enough space for spacers to accomodate them. But again no picture

Oh may be this will chear you up

bike by John Clinch, on Flickr
    heavy stodgy grips. Stupid handle bars. Mad seat post showing. Flat pedals. Brake pipes too long….

yes thats my bike

stevepitch
    Free Member

I once saw a guy walking along the beach with his bling full sus trek complete with wicker basket on the front think I’ve got a photo spmewhere

Squidlord
    Free Member

I saw something similar in Croatia : old lady on a brand new Stumpjumper FSR, with a shopping basket on the front, and a luggage rack on the back.

slinkybike
    Free Member

A little bit of sick just came up when I looked at that track bike it must be a joke.

scaredypants

You’d love me – I tend to set my bikes up however the **** I like

road frame has a big (aldi) pack inside the main triangle and a midge bar (if that’s the flared drop bar)

many uncut steerers protruding, including the road bike, with old tennis balls on the top to prevent stab-wounds and I’ve dabbled with Mary bars too. I also have a top-tube holder for energy gels that’s full of jelly babies on my mtb

TooTall
    Free Member

I think we need to see the OP’s fleet/quiver/stable. It is one thing to talk the talk………..

oldgit
    Free Member

All in bin bags or in pieces at the mo. Half built crosser and a squashed PX.

TooTall
    Free Member

Bin bags?

Pfft – no snob, you.

/thread

john_l
    Free Member

oldgit
    Free Member

Yours John?

Not bad, but I’m instantly drawn to the fact that it seems to be running a compact and that’s screaming out for a big ring.

Bit garish though….unless the riders a contender.

njee20
    Free Member

A squashed PX? You mean a PX that had a bit of a knock, has shown no damage whatsoever and you’ve chosen to discard? If you’re getting rid, can I have it? Serious question!

oldgit
    Free Member

njee20 I’ve built it up with other parts and it’s sat ready to go. Might wear a full face just in case.
    What made it worse is when I looked into finding out about damage, all I found were stories about snapped frames.
    Worried about using it.

njee20
    Free Member

Well people aren’t going to talk about the frame that was absolutely fine.

I’ve said it before though, I rode an OCLV into a car, snapped forks, STIs, bars, saddle, both wheels trashed. I didn’t even really check the frame, rebuilt it, rode it, and it was fine!

aracer
    Free Member

In an attempt to give this thread some life, I went digging in the usual place…

edit: anybody know why the middle two images don’t embed properly?

marka.
    Free Member

That folding bike looks ace. At least assuming I’d see it when zooming past me on the road.

Fixie too, by the looks of it.

john_l
    Free Member

No – not mine! A TT frame with a compact chainset, loads of stem spacers & a wide range cassette?? Just thought it was the kind of thing you were looking for on this thread.

igm

Oi ampthill – my alpine 160 currently has a child seat on it because it’s a better choice than the 456 or the single speed. Little ones benefit from suspension you know.

I’m hurt. Very hurt.

uplink
    Free Member

I think this fits oldgit’s requirements quite well

oldgit
    Free Member

John I was being cautious

Uplink, obviously a set up. However they’ve ordered custom blue flames. Clearly a mountain man, and not the Polka dot jersey type.

njee I’m riding it Sunday. If I don’t die I’ll let you know. If I do there’s a note blaming you. Have you seen my luck?

bomba
    Free Member

All kinds of wrong

continuity
    Free Member
    onandon
    Free Member

I LOVE that folding bike 🙂 ………… I feel a useless project on the horizon.

aracer
    Free Member

continuity, I think you mean
    http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/

scratch
    Free Member

*Searches tri forums*

crazy-legs

I know those aren’t *quite* what you meant in that some blind drunk actually designed them like that in the first place rather than some cretinous fool customising them to look like that from what started as a decent bike.

Therefore I give you this:

crazy-legs

Talking of blind drunks and bike design…

ampthill

Oi ampthill – my alpine 160 currently has a child seat on it because it’s a better choice than the 456 or the single speed. Little ones benefit from suspension you know.

I’m hurt. Very hurt.

I’m sorry, I’m guessing if i saw you on your alpine it would look ok. (front or rear seat?)

this was on a smooth circuit and I’m 90% sure that this bike didn’t ever see real action

igm

A LOCT. And given he’s done the 4X at Les Gets on it, I assume that’s acceptable. (where did the smiley buttons go when you need them?)

The younger one will be on a Weeride next month – can’t wait.

TooTall
    Free Member

I’m guessing aracer doesn’t like tall people having bikes that fit them. 👿

Edric64
    Free Member

Whats wrong with stem spacers to get the right height? In the old days you just moved the quill stem up or down .Surely its better to use spacers than experiment With loads of different angle stems at great expense?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘My snobbery knows no bounds’ is closed to new replies.