Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • My Singlespeed Commuter
  • robbo1234biking

ok so after a few weeks of looking on the classified and selling bits to fund I have finally built up my singlespeed commuter and first singlespeed. It isnt that fancy or anything but wanted to say thanks to everyone who supllied parts! Looking forward to the first ride in on it in the morning and hopefully the singlespeeding should make me fitter!

oldgit
    Free Member

Turned out nice, the forks just fit by the look of it.

freeandsingle
    Free Member

Good stuff, what kind of terrain will your commute be over? You might find you want a larger gear at the front quite soon if its lots of road work!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Agreed,I’m running 34/16 and its way too easy for commuting, even in the hills around Glasgow and that looks like a 32-something…?

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Same as above. I switched from 32 / 16 to a 44 / 16 on my Inbred for commuting. That’s probably a bit excessive, but it means I don’t spin out on the flat and can get up the hills around here (Oxford).

freeandsingle
    Free Member

As a guide I used 36:16 to get from Sheffield into the Peaks and am in the process of upping it to 38:16, all roadwork mind..

robbo1234biking

Yeh I figure ill need to change out the front cog once my fitness gets a bit better. There are a couple of half decent hills but they are pretty short so should be able to pump through them. I also go on a byway a bit of the commute which is uphill so Ill see how it goes!

oldgit – the forks were fine – cut off about 25mm, Had a quick ride and the geomety seems ok. The singulator seems to work well too. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘My Singlespeed Commuter’ is closed to new replies.