Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • My shocks cavitating (I think..) WILL I DIE!?
  • twang
    Free Member

Its developed a squelching noise on compression, has this any noticeable effect on performance? Doesn’t really feel any different tbh but its sounds grim.
    Fix it or ignore and just ride?

Thanks….

LoCo
    Free Member

Needs a full service (obviously) main thing is the reduction in performance loss of damping etc, which will vary with the heat of the shock so may turn into a bit of a pogo stick when warm.
    The other issue is it may cause other things to fail in the shock and cause damage in longterm which will mean it costs more to repair later on.
    Most of all it’ll feel a bit rubbish and not that enjoyable to ride.

twang
    Free Member

Cheers Loco. Just had a look at when I got it and it was bought from CRC in feb so possibly a warranty claim.
    If not it’ll be winging its way to you…

londonerinoz
    Free Member

What’s cavitation?

LoCo
    Free Member

Have a word with them and see what they say definatly 😀

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavitation

Not quite the correct description, but basically it’s a gas leak into the oil of the shock (can be air or nitrogen charge) depending on shock.

gonefishin
    Free Member

What’s cavitation?

The boiling of a liquid as a result of sudden drop in pressure. [Edit] and the subsequent condensing of said gas back into liquid as the pressure rises.

I’m not convinced that this is happening in a shock though. Probably still needs a service though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘My shocks cavitating (I think..) WILL I DIE!?’ is closed to new replies.