Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • My retro (1993) Orange P7 (pics)
  • Mackem

Still a work in prgress, there are a couple of modern bits on there, and mis-matched tryes but it's now rideabe and looking quite nice I think…

rootes1

man where are your onza stickers and porqupine tyres! 😉

nuke

Nice.

Doesn't look like its rusted…I presume it hasn't been re-sprayed? Reason I say that is I have an Orange Prestige frame (forerunner to the P7) from about 1990 and there is an awful lot of surface rust on it.

Mackem

There are a couple of tiny spots of rust. Never been resprayed, it's the Zinc coated frame. Looks nicer in flesh than the pics.

user-removed
    Free Member

Very nice – takes me back! My mate had a similar looking fully rigid Orange Clockwork back in the day, and we were all jealous of his see-through grip shifters!!

one_bad_mofo

Did we really ride with stems that long?

Ah fond memories of a 135mm Ringle Zooka stem…

fbk
    Free Member

Hmm, I've got a '93 Prestige (weren't they all still Prestige, not P7 in '93?) in black I'm thinking of selling – just not sure I can part with it!

I've just built it back up again and it's looks great with the loooong stalk stem and all 🙂

Mackem

It's possible it's actually from 1994, my memory is a bit hazy, certainly no later than that though.

In those days, longer the stem, the better.

ojom
    Free Member

jimmy

Did you manage to find a crown race for those forks? Or was it included in the hea…..

Mackem

Fortunately it came with the headset, I feel very lucky.

billysan
    Free Member

Is that a 19" frame? If so I used to have one of those back in the day.

Can I ask a favour please? Can you measure the horizontal equivilent top tube for me please. Im interested to know how it compares to what I ride now.

Mackem

Yes, 19", 54cm, very rough measurement.

Here it is with a modern 19" P7.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Nice! Looking forward to seeing it on the trails!

saladdodger
    Free Member

Have a look at my previous thred

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/retro-bikes-belong-in-the-past

Bit of advice do not ride it off road you will hate it, it is easy to be gooey eyed but things move on.

I did like my 94 P7 but three frames later due to slipping seatposts the frame was returned for a refund and I got the S/Works

colnagokid

This is mine from about '95 (sorry crap pic I'll have a look for a better one)

Reluctant
    Free Member

Onza stickers, anyone?

Edric64
    Free Member

Your position is very different which one is wrong? as you seem to ride with a much shorter reach now.I still have the same reach set up as in 84

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Love that comparison pic! WE've moved on a little, haven't we!

Gordymac
    Free Member

Are they Shocktech forks?

Gordymac

slimtubing
    Free Member

I remember meeting a couple of lads on the Kentmere side of Garburn, one had one of those P7s and the other lad had a polished E2?4? or something, at the time I thought they were the prettiest pair of bikes I'd ever seen.

BigTed
    Free Member

Very nice P7 and the side by side photo is great, really illustrates how things have changed, in particular how much higher and shorter the front end is.

Bit of advice do not ride it off road you will hate it, it is easy to be gooey eyed but things move on.

Not totally sure about that as riding familiar trails on a different bike can make them seem completely new (not dissimilar to riding in the day and at night in that respect).

matt_outandabout

Ooooh, I always wanted one of them. Nice.

*plea to Orange*

Please, please make an ST4 in polished with luminous stickers

*/end plea*

wicked
    Free Member

They look like my old pro circuit forks! Did you recently get them off retrobike? Here they are on my fat chance.

Mackem

Aye, from retrobike, my username is the same there.

wicked
    Free Member

Yep they are my old ones alright, converted them to springs as the elastomers were shot! VERY rare fork.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘My retro (1993) Orange P7 (pics)’ is closed to new replies.