Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • My Reba's stop mid stroke – any ideas?
  • moff

My Reba SL's stop with a mechanical clunk mid way through the stroke.
    I dropped all the air out and they still stop mid way through, any ideas what might be stopping them?
    Do they have travel spacers in them? Do they move?
    The other things a can think of are that a bushing has shifted or something to do with the damping cartridge!?
    Ideas before I start pulling them apart would be great.
    Cheers

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

My guess is that somehow you've lost oil from the damper into the lower leg, and it's causing hydraulic lock. The way to check this is to remove the lower leg bolt on the RH leg, and see if much oil comes out. If there's quite a bit 20ml+, you'll have to strip, chack and reassemble the damper.

Having said that, I've seen a set of Revs where a circlip came uncliped inside leading to a mess of internal part. Again, a strip and a rebuild was required.

Evesie
    Free Member

My Reba SL's had the same symptoms after the bike being left on it's side in a car for a couple of days in very hot (35°C+) conditions. I stripped them down & found as TroutWrestler says above.

stumpyjon

The lockout should have stopped working as well. Seems a pretty common problem, It's happened several times with mine, got a full motion control service kit on order at the moment. Seen exactly the same symptoms on another forum. Strip, clean and rebuild with fresh damping oil.

ma-maracas
    Free Member

Think that has happened to mine too (08 Reba SL), about 25% of travel not being used at top, and poploc doesn't seem to be locking fork out. I notice that oil drips through the floodgate if I stand the bike upside down (mine have had the spacers removed so they are 115mm).

If anyone fancies a bargain, and servicing themselves I will sell for £120 (08, black with remote lock out).

Email in profile (not sure on steerer length, but I have a good 3cm above stem so should be pretty long – email if interested and I will measure).

Thanks,

Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My Reba's stop mid stroke – any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.