Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • my proposed Turner Flux build spec – comments welcomed
  • campfreddie
    Free Member

Flux frame – 19″ – raw finish

RS Revelation RLT 20mm maxle light forks built down to 120mm travel with poploc – white finish

Hope Pro II hubs (gold) with black Mavic XC717 rims

FSA Orbit MX headset (gold)- (or alternatively a Cane Creek S8 headset)

Full Deore XT 2011 10-speed groupset including brakes

Race Face Deus XC stem, bars and seatpost

Racing Ralph tyres

Not sure of the saddle, but unless it’s great, i’ll chuck it in favour of a trusty Charge Spoon.

thoughts?

MSP

I would go for some stans rims over the mavics, and maybe easton bars thompson seatpost and stem, although there may be good deals going on raceface kit at the moment.

campfreddie
    Free Member

it’s a Merlin cycles build special, so I am rather restricted to what they have on offer otherwise the price will go through the roof… they have a deal on Hope/717’s and Race Face finishing kits.

dickie
    Free Member

Is it all new from Merlin, if so whats the bill?

mudmonster
    Free Member

What is so good about stans rims?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Have to agree, my first thought was stans rims. However, if it’s a well priced build kit, leave it as it is.

dickie
    Free Member

Stans rims means tubeless, less weight, less punctures.

campfreddie
    Free Member

right, well after lots of too’ing and fro’ing with Dan @ Merlin, I have just pushed the button on an order… i now just have to wait for 10 days or so until it is built.

the final spec reads as follows:-

* Turner Flux frame – large – raw finish
    * 2011 RS SID RLT 120mm forks – white with pop-lock (I decided to forgo the 20mm maxle option with the Revs in favour of the lighter SIDS which now come in 120mm form)
    * Stans Crest (white) rims on Hope Pro II Evo (gold) hubs with DT Comp silver spokes
    * Nobbly Nic Snakeskin 2.25″ tyres (although I have some Fast Freds for summer riding)
    * Hope headset (gold)
    * Thomson Elite 410mm inline seatpost
    * WTB saddle of some description
    * Thomson X4 100mm stem
    * Easton EA70 Monkeybar (white) low-rise
    * ODI lock-on grips
    * Full 2011 Deore XT Dynasis 10-speed groupset with XT disc brakes (160mm rotors)

It should be a fairly light build… I could have shaved a little by having a carbon bar and seatpost (which I could switch across from my Cannondale 1×9 hardtail build) and upping the spec on the SID’s, but the build came in at just a whisker over £2k, so I didn’t want to get too carried away.

I will post up pics as soon as it arrives.

I’m quite excited now to say the least…. 🙂

Gachet
    Free Member

For just over £2k that sounds like a fantastic build, not sure about the white rims or bars though! Much better than the mainstream cr*p you get for that sort of money these days.

I’ve always wanted a Turner since a friend got a Polished XCE with Orange Z1’s in 98. Just wish I had a spare few thousand kicking around.

Hope you enjoy it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘my proposed Turner Flux build spec – comments welcomed’ is closed to new replies.