Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • My pedaling technique is ruined.
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Well I’ve been on both bikes today 20odd miles on the Uncle John with spuds, and a couple of mile to ASDA, then Sainsburys and back. Now whether I was doing anything different today, I don’t know, as I don’t really take much notice. But I’ve decided that.

I don’t actually pull the pedal with my foot,
    I do seem to drag it back from the 6 o’clock position
    I then seem to go a bit light on the foot as the crank comes up horizontal to the ground, and then I push it over the top a bit, and repeat.

The problem on the flats is coming between the drag back, and then my foot going light, I rode a bit further on that bike today and it wasn’t so much of a problem after 5 minutes, untill I started thinking about it.

I do know that I can’t bunnyhop, but I jump a bit with the bike fastened to my cleats 🙂

My legs hurt

And I’m going in the bath.

🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

i must be **** awesome on the bike then cos i can ride my bike with normal trainers on tiny slippery xtr spds and still cheerfully pop the back wheel in the air as and when 😮

mudshark
    Free Member

I find it easier to pull fat birds than push them.

As for pulling up on pedals – I definitely do at times such as to give my quads a bit of a rest on a long climb. Sometimes when sprinting I feel as though I’m pulling quite hard. But mostly I imagine I’m more unweighting the pedal on the upstroke more than anything else which must have some sort of benefit.

molgrips
    Free Member

I do single-leg pedalling drills on the turbo, for training purposes and to help the pedalling in circles thing. It’s hard work!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘My pedaling technique is ruined.’ is closed to new replies.