Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • My OSMM 2009 Photos
  • RabbitStu
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I came and spectated with my friends this year. We raced in 05 and 06, and some idiot broke their leg in 07 (me……not biking), we haven’t raced much since.

I want to do a couple of laps next year now though…..knee allowing.

Here are my pics from the Saturday. I haven’t edited them or filtered the bad ones out yet. Sorry if you are out of focus.

Well done do all who rode.

I was one of the guys banging pots sunday morning at the top of the Mince route :). I was the idiot shouting Scott at the Scott riders hehe….sorry….not really sorry :)….made Nick Craig look though haha.

Hopefully this link will work, not used flickr much.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36204661@N08/sets/72157620102081449/

Stu

terrahawk
    Free Member

so you were presumably the one shouting “29!” at me then.

I’m 37. 🙄

Ti29er
    Free Member

In all probability that was me speaking to you!
    I am going to start working on them later today.

http://www.everybodysmile.biz/cgi-bin/directlink.cgi?event_id=83826
    or
    http://www.muddybum.co.uk

Tim

bigsi
    Free Member

Rabbitstu – So you were the one’s who i said had got the event mixed up with ski sunday then 😉

Were you there on the last lap as it looked like someone was taking *ahem*glamour*ahem* photos on the last lap at that point 😕 😯 😕

RabbitStu
    Free Member

🙂 yeah forgot we were shouting 29, and big wheels too. was great to see so many 29ers since I lasted attended any races.

I will keep my eyes peeled on your site Tim.

RabbitStu
    Free Member

Bigsi, that was us :).

wasn’t me doing the glamour ones…what was happening there? didn’t have the camera with me on sunday. was going to get it after brekky at the top….but we enjoyed it at the top it was mid day before we knew it, so we wondered down to the arena for a cuppa and for the finish.

Saw Matt the wiggle/focus guy get on his knee and propose. good job he didn’t cramp up or something on the finish line 🙂

Ti29er
    Free Member

No, I rode the last lap from 13:45hrs, completed in 56 mins, my favourite ride of the whole event, on a Ti29er with 2.25 RRalfs. A cracking choice.
    Other bikes were also available (a Turner Flux).
    Tim

Upandrunning
    Free Member

Cant be the MM, theres no rain in any of them

RabbitStu
    Free Member

hehe. there was a bit of rain over night. broken cloud mostly in the day. from what i could see in the bike wash area, the bikes werent too muddy, and the parts of the track i saw were dry.

stumpyjon

RabbitStu

you obviously didn’t see the stream descent at the end of Somme Woods, or the rider who must’ve come off there. He was at the bike wash sometime after 6am on Sunday. He cleaned his bike then turned the pressure washer on himself. He was brown from head to toe, looked like he gone down and then rolled in the mud.

RabbitStu
    Free Member

no i didn’t see that :). I don’t think it was as muddy as 2005 though, even Tinker Juarez came off, he just picked him self up and carried on like a machine.

stumpyjon

It was first MM but I’ve seen worse mud on the Mary Townley challenge and Calderdale MTB marathon so I don’t think it was up to last years standards. Was very greasy though. I though my rear QR had worked loose at one point, the back wheel was skipping that much.

RabbitStu
    Free Member

it dd look a touch greasy in places.

I have just added another 300 odd pics. includes Kenda Climb this now. On the subject of Kenda Climb….it was long, they chopped in half last tim i did it i think. Heard one guy say he is never going to buy a kenda tyre in his life after that haha.

mafu26
    Free Member

awesome! when i saw you guys bangin your tins i got a second wind on my final lap so i skidded into the mince corner you guys were sat at then wheelie’d out of it. i was on the bright green commencal??

fair play to everyone like yourselves, really made the whole event a good a laugh when people cheer you on.

sweet pics too!

Surfr
    Free Member

Yeh I punched the air in the direction of the pot bangers and got a rapturous cheer 😀

Cheers guys. I love the hecklers and supporters.

RabbitStu
    Free Member

any time, glad the ringing ears was worth it 🙂

gonna come up with a noise maker for next year 🙂

We appreciated air punching, wheelies, skids, clipping the tape/supports, smilers, banter, iritated glares from scott riders and riders going the wrong way and then asking us if they are going the wrong way :)….plus many more things that we cheered/whooped/oooohed at

yeah saw you on the very very very green commencal 🙂

Dougal
    Free Member
    xcwanabe
    Free Member

Stu,

you took some cracking picture of some of our team, I’ve downloaded them, am I all right to use them in a article for our club website?

Cheers in advance,

Rob
    RNRMCA

RabbitStu
    Free Member

thank you and yeah no probs, credit me though if you don’t mind. pm your email addy if you want full size…aswell as letting me know which ones you want. ping us a lnk too so I can have a butchers 🙂

edit…can you pm on this forum? if not email me at stuartATrabbitstuDOTcoDOTuk

Stu

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘My OSMM 2009 Photos’ is closed to new replies.