Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • My On-On-One 45650b build
  • nairnster
    Free Member

Built this up over the last couple of months

FRAME: On One 45650b 16″frame
    BARS: Answer Pro Taper DH
    HEADSET: FSA Orbit ITA
    STEM: Truvativ AKA
    GRIPS: Superstar size zero lock ons
    SEATCLAMP: Hope QR
    SEATPOST: Brand X inline
    SADDLE: Crank Bros Iodine 3 saddle
    BRAKES: Shimano Deore Discs
    CRANKS/BB: Shimano SLX triple running a 32 tooth Raceface Narrow/Wide chainring
    PEDALS: Superstar El Plastique
    CASSETTE: Shimano SLX 11-36 10 speed
    CHAIN: KMC X10
    REAR MECH: Shimano ZEE
    SHIFTER: Shimano XT
    FORK: Rockshox Sektor Solo Air 150mm travel
    WHEELS:Superstar AMX rims on Switch Ultra hubs, with 15mm front and 135 x 10mm through axle rear.
    TYRES: High Roller 2 2.4 front, Ardent 2.25 rear

matty456
    Free Member

Nice! Like that! You’ve got a nice garden too!

climbingkev
    Free Member

Lovely.

sandwicheater

Grass looking a tad bare

mudmonster
    Free Member

How does it ride?

deviant
    Free Member

I had one with a 150mm fork also (RS revelation though), it rode well….steamrollered over everything, people who say there is no difference between a 26 inch wheeled bike and a 650b are talking nonsense, the larger rolling diameter and taller front end was instantly noticeable…stability was immense from I assume the longer wheelbase too.
    I considered racing it for a season in mini-DH and Enduro as it felt so stable, ultimately I sold mine as I found the frame a little ‘blunt’….the 30.9 seat tube and 44mm head tube were both larger than on the 26 inch wheeled 456-Evo I came from (27.2 and traditional 1-1/8 respectively) and left the bike feeling heavy and unresponsive in comparison.

I decided that bigger wheels on a HT are ultimately easier to ride over rough stuff but the feeling of being on a small responsive bike had gone and with it went my enjoyment!….I broke the bike down to sell and instead built up another 26 inch wheeled HT to get back that awesome feeling the 456-Evo had.

rOcKeTdOg

When the fork compresses do you use the front brake cable to lasso rogue steer?

Looks great otherwise

slider888
    Free Member

Nice

nairnster
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments.

Havent had a chance to have a proper ride on it yet, but it rides well, and i dont think the increase in wheel size takes away playfulness, as its not a huge difference. The bigger wheel does roll slightly better, but again, i dont know if the difference is that big.

As for the front hose length, it cant really be much shorter and have a good entry into the caliper.

Gordymac
    Free Member

You’ve got a nice garden too!

Ness Islands?

Looks like a good fun build 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘My On-On-One 45650b build’ is closed to new replies.