• This topic has 64 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • My new video – Calderdale Exploration
  • Pook

please comment/like etc!

😀

qwerty
    Free Member

a bit northern like – up t hill in hovis stylee – weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :mrgreen:

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Grand!

Paul

PS What day was that ride?

tree-magnet
    Free Member

qwerty – Member
    a bit northern like – up t hill in hovis stylee – weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Which couldn't be less northern…

Pook

Saturday just gone.

votchy
    Free Member

The silver handlebars – did they come off your mom's shopper? 😉

Chase
    Free Member

Liking the Hovis 'aged' look at the begining.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Does anyone have a name for that trail coming down from Pecket Well to the Hardcastle Crags car park? It looked a bit steady to be honest – best enjoyed at high speeds, that trail.

thepodge
    Free Member

Those bars are twenty quid specials from 13 years ago, don't knock them they have served me well

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Can't watch the vid at work but the trail (depending on which one it is) is called Peckett Well A or B. Catchy name eh?

Pook

Fortunateson – we're steady cos with setting the camera you don't have chance to build up a head of steam. Set camera, push up just out of shot, ride… Plus we'd just pushed all the way up from the bottom so we were knackered

😀

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Nice to see "nice and sensible" riding for once instead of fancy skids and wheelies 😉

Good vid.

Pook

We can't do skidz and wheeliez

😳

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Oh dear. Sorry Pook, gotta say it but I didn't think it was very good 🙁

Awful music. Pushing through Heptonstall at the start (WTF?), nothing to excite me.

Have a look for the videos by Yorkshire Lad who sometimes posts on here to see how its done.

Plus your rides must be knackering and dead short if all you do is run up and down stuff videoing yourself?

hora
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder it was a nice bit of fun. Although I rode up from Hep to the top. Its bloody hard if you do it with no warm up whatsoever at the start of ride.

Pook

thanks for the comments DaveyBoy as I say – all welcome.

Awful music? Personal preference I guess. Relaxed track reflected a relaxed ride – guess you had to be on it to know that though. Oh, and the Hovis music. Bit of fun taking the mic out of the push up in Hep.

No, our rides aren't knackering nor dead short. Sometime they're long and filmed. Maybe I'm just quite fit. 😀

Can't find any of Yorkshire Lad's vids online I'm afraid. I'll happily be "shown how it's done" though. Please feel free to link to one for me.

hora
    Free Member

Looking at that vid though I do need to drop some weight and leave out the Curly Wurlys 🙁

Pook

yeah your parkour would improve no end….. 🙄

Pook

no link top a vid DaveyBoy?

Sim

Think these are the fellas DBW is referring to:

Pook

aha – nice. Some lovely shots in those.

The joys of having a viewfinder and zoom eh? It'd be lovely if i could see what I was actually filming 🙄

(i'm using one of these incidentally, and lobbing it together in WMovie maker)

snowslave

Proper soul music too – nice!

swampi
    Free Member

that hora's one sexy homeboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😯

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Oh, and it looks like it was filmed with a phone. Sorry, I love watching riding videos, especially home grown ones and even more especially ones from where I live. Doesn't show Calderdale riding in its best light 😉

Want a nice warm up Hora? We often start a ride with the climb from the Co-Op to Horsehold. And then drop down and climb up through Callis Woods. And pushing is punished by death…

hora
    Free Member

Nice vid (Norgates). Does this mean if I personally film something I have to have it quality-checked first before I can post it up? 😕

Pook

(i'm using one of these incidentally, and lobbing it together in WMovie maker)

😐

thepodge
    Free Member

Not only did I push up that hill but I stopped more than once for a breather as well. Who cares? I had a laugh even though I'm not as awesome as you.

Your snobish attitude doesn't show calderdale residents at their best

Kit
    Free Member

Doesn't show Calderdale riding in its best light

I think it looks great, and I'd be happy to ride with hora, pook and thepodge because it looks like a bit of a laugh! That other vid, sure looks nice, but the riding is never anything I'd achieve and I probably wouldn't enjoy it. pook's vid gets my thumbs up for the inspiration 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Oh, and it looks like it was filmed with a phone. Sorry, I love watching riding videos, especially home grown ones and even more especially ones from where I live. Doesn't show Calderdale riding in its best light

Want a nice warm up Hora? We often start a ride with the climb from the Co-Op to Horsehold. And then drop down and climb up through Callis Woods. And pushing is punished by death…

Just a correction- We started the ride from the Turning circle and rode straight up to the top of the cobbles in Hep. Thats hard as a warmup at the beginning isn't it! We did 3 of these such climbs in that vid. Slow but it got us to the nice bits 😀

One thing to note- riding down the face/top back down to the turning circle again- you know where you turn hard right rather than bringing you out by the pub? (no idea on its name) – someone had lodged large stones across the singletrack which meant podge had a faceplant. If he had tried jumping them he'd have taken his head off with a lowish large branch. **** who did that 😯

Pook

cheers kit – that's why i do them!

thepodge
    Free Member

Yeah we moved the stones but it won't stop someone doing it again so keep em peeled people

knott4me
    Free Member

got to agree with davey boy i hate been negative but its a little dull.
    been a hebdenite im blessed with a good local knowledge .

stubbing wharf thursday 7.30pm there is always a ride from there for anyone wanting to see how its done stw guys attend so never sure if its an open invite & they probably always think who this riding with us but they always seem happy for me to tag on .

i don,t always attend as i ride a different town every thursday to cover all areas our group is from .

Pook

it's this "wanting to see how it's done" i don't get.

surely, "how it's done" is however you bloody well like to, as long as it's on a bike and you're having fun???

Perhaps I've been riding my bike incorrectly for the past 25 years.

hora
    Free Member

stubbing wharf thursday 7.30pm

I'm not sure if I can. I promised to marry two Hebdenites daughters and I changed my mind and left with the Dowries…

There are currently men on horses roaming the hills looking for me 😯

lowey

Good effort mate. Enjoyed that!

Hora, you need s few more Nan Bields to get the weight down 😛 😛

hora
    Free Member

I do need to drop some weight. **** knows how. Guess the redwine and beer has to go 🙁

Pook

cheers lowey

lowey

Guess the redwine and beer has to go

I packed in the red wine during the week last year and its fallen off me. Seriously.

skiprat
    Free Member

Pook, i like it. Its always fun riding out with you lot, even Hora!!! 😉

Not only did I push up that hill but I stopped more than once for a breather as well. Who cares? I had a laugh even though I'm not as awesome as you.

As a fellow pusher from "The Great Band of Pushers", we'll push up or down anything. Its all about getting out there with like minded people and having a laugh.

And while your mate might have a nice flash camera (and make a good film) it looks like it suffers with condensation…its all misty round the edges!!! 😉

hora
    Free Member

Lowey I think I need to follow suit. I love redwine. Too much. Its made me slightly 'round' looking at the edges. Just a tad but allover and just enough to present alot to carry on rides.

Right. No more redwine midweek (or weekends for a while) or Rum.

Switch back to Vodka.

Ps. Talking of pushing up- I want to do a uplift day soon somewhere if anyone has any ideas?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘My new video – Calderdale Exploration’ is closed to new replies.