Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • My New Singlespeed (play) bike – Tell me whats wrong with it then
  • james
    Free Member

yes the colour scheme is a 'bit' gopping
    Its 'supposed' to be a bit of a play bike. So something small enough to have a dabble at dirt jumps, BMX tracks, 4X tracks, pump tracks (if I ever build one). The sort of stuff I know I'm no good at

Bought the frame only (came with: fitted headset, seat clamp, chainstay protector, 6 carbon headset spacers, 6 rubber cable/frame protectors, topcap, spare mech hanger and posted for less than £100.
    Tried to build up with bits lying around. Had to buy a 73mm bottom bracket and some grips though

I need to get a shorter stem. Thinking 60mm, 25 deg or 50mm flat (what I've found in 25.4mm). I think I need to take the 685mm bars off and try my 640mms

JohnClimber
    Free Member

It has Pinnacle written on it 😉

shortcut

you need a list?

well – it is a singlespeed with a rear mech! If you are gonna have one of those there is no point!

stem is very wrong

you need to clean the moss off that wall

its a bit wet to be taking photos isn't it?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with a bit of orange. Needs orange grips and pedals and a zero rise 50mm stem.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Shorter stem.
    Better forks.
    Doofer-esque thingy instead of a rear mech.

james
    Free Member

The only orange parts I had were the orange valve caps ..

I'm thinking the stem looks so wrong because the saddle looks as if if thats pedalling height, whereas its low for me, just thats as high as the 250-300mm ish seatpost goes. I could try my 400mm one?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Clipped pedals to help with climbs

james
    Free Member

The pedals are one sided SPDs .. just because thats what I had lying around

I don't intend to climb with it. I'd need the seatpost to be about 100mm longer and the frame a bit bigger

DT78
    Free Member

Stem should definitely be first upgrade.
    Plus you'll probably want to 9 speed it with a chain device soon. I went for the single speed jump/4x bike and found I was getting knackered riding it. Much more fun getting to the jump spots fresh.
    I'll also have a set of DJ3's barely used I might be persuaded to part with in Dec when I swap them for a set of pikes….

slowrider
    Free Member

drop that seat all the way down. same comments as above for stem and gears. id personally get a higher rise bar with a similar width but you would end up in pretty much the same position, just look way cooler! 8)

james
    Free Member

seat right down pic:

Now the stem looks horrendous (if it wasn't before)

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Ooh eck! Put a match to it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘My New Singlespeed (play) bike – Tell me whats wrong with it then’ is closed to new replies.