Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • My new Lynskey pro29 build
  • howie74
    Free Member

i do like the 3d’s but went with the agilis because of design as much as anything i wanted the post stem and cranks all to match… are you using anything else rotor?

Smuzzy
    Free Member

A very different build, but I’m also loving mine. 24lb or thereabouts. 5 bikes in the garage, and this gets 90% of the riding.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Just the cranks & rings when they turn up.

howie74
    Free Member

Very nice bike indeed… im sure i’ll gear mine at some point but im enjoying the speed simplicity and cleaning ease at the moment, also im having trouble riding anything else at the mo i find this one of the nicest bikes to ride speed & comfort. whats your thoughts?

tk46hal
    Free Member

Howie,

You said the wheels are in the region of £900ish! I couldn’t justify spending that to get very light wheels, but what do you recommend for wheels for a single speed build (29er)which are quite light, strong and half decent etc?

mollyiom
    Free Member

sure you could get 29er ztr crest on hope pro 2 for 330 quid.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

that is truly a thing of beauty!

(applause)

howie74
    Free Member

Thank you for my applause… last comment was true about the pro 2’s in single speed form and some decent spokes with ztr’s,i purely only went all out because of im in the trade. when we do wheel builds in store we normally advise to think about yor budget and how much you can spend then the appropriate wheels can be decided upon, hope that helps?

a11y

sure you could get 29er ztr crest on hope pro 2 for 330 quid.

That’s my intended wheel build for my singlespeed sometime towards the summer, hopefully. Not sure if Crests or Arches would be better for me though: 85kg or so, usual 26″ rim are Mavic EN321s, I do huck stuff…

dazzlingboy

Beautiful! What a bike – if (when) I go 29er that’s the route for me.

**rushes out to shed – digs out Ridgeline 26er – takes photos – puts on ebay – contacts nearest Lynskey dealer**

AverageMark
    Free Member

Rides just as nice as it looks as well!
    *waves*
    a11y – Arch’s. I’m a bit lighter ride the same and will be going for the Arch rims on my wheelset.

howie74
    Free Member

thank you… you paint a good picture.

mattythemod
    Free Member

You should of kept the Salsa 😆

tk46hal
    Free Member

Are the ZTR Crest rims designed to be run tubless or with an inner tube?

Also,
    Who are selling a pair of made up ZTR wheels with Hope Pro 2 hubs for £330??? I’m pricing up and getting nowhere near that figure!

Thanks.

howie74
    Free Member

Hey tk46hal the £330 price wasn’t my post so i dont know where they were looking ive done some searching, have a look on this thread… Hope Pro 2’s on Mavic TN 719 (29er) wheels – WHERE FROM ?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘My new Lynskey pro29 build’ is closed to new replies.