Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • my new hardtail – voodo sobo
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Been meaning to post this up. Decided I wanted a lightweight hardtail as I replaced my superlight with an enduro a few months ago so wanted something for mayhem, sits and local stuff.

I nearly bought the carbon frame off ebay njee talked about but saw this on the classified from tazzymtb. Glad i did. This thing absolutely shifts. I've never ridden anything that accelerates like this. Wheels are ztr 355 rims with pro 3 off my superlight. Love the SID fork as well. Rode my mates old kona with 2002 sid's and they were flexy as hell.. these are really good.

Can't wait for HONC and mayhem to give it a proper run out.

tazzymtb

i miss it 😥 it does look lovely built up though 😀

jobbyheid
    Free Member

Looks fast, nice colour, made of metal.. all good

tazzymtb

what did you get to? around the 20lb mark?

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Beautiful. I had one once but only managed to ride it once before it was stolen. So light I thought they must have accindentally left it out of the box when it was delivered.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Yep.. just over 20lbs. Has got a 2.25 nobby nic on the front so with a pair of furious fred's it'll be even less 😮

..and yes i had to do the spreadsheet thing as my obsessive weight weenie mate didn't believe me (he's got a kona hei hei HT). I now feel a proper bike geek!

trickydisco
    Free Member

oh and i love the middleburn duo crankset. You were right taz, i didn't need a triple on this.

(and yes the 185 rotor is overkill on the front. Have got a 160 on order from mr musson)

tazzymtb

trickydisco- if you are still after a rider for the team, I'm in negotiations regarding brownie points with the boss so I'll drop you an email tomorrow if that's ok?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Yea. that's cool.. would be good to have you on board!

rOcKeTdOg

please have a look and join the voodoo owners group on Flickr

tazzymtb

I still have a voodoo can I play as well?

rOcKeTdOg

of course

monkeychild
    Free Member

That's a nice bike that is.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Very nice build!

Where can you buys the frames from in the UK as Voodoo only has Halfords down on their distributors list, and Halfords only show complete bikes on their web site?

gruffalosoldier
    Free Member

Chef. Try Sideways Cycles in Alsager.

I know they used to carry them but I haven't been over that way in a while.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I think they fell out over Voodoo trying to wriggle out of all warranties.

tazzymtb

jenson usa

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/sub/539-Cross+Country.aspx?s=2283

nice voodoos and jolly good chaps to deal with, but the newer sobo is heaver and has a carbon fiber bottom. Does look nice though.

this is also very nice

http://www.poshbikes.com/product.php?id=122

and njee20's cheap as chips carbon frame looks mentally good!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘my new hardtail – voodo sobo’ is closed to new replies.