Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • My new CX bike (Boardman content)
  • Bream
    Free Member

From personel experience I would say carbon railed saddles and the off road don’t mix. I broke the rails and wings on a carbon railed Arione after a small off on the XC bike. Expensive lesson learnt.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

andyl – Member
    are your brake discs the right way round? Splines look like they curve the wrong way for the braking forces

Oooops, oh yeah……. 😳

Down to the cellar for some fettling before riding it at the weekend methinks…..

andyl
    Free Member

😆

barrykellett
    Free Member

What would one of these be like for racing cx on? I’ve noticed the cables run under the down tube rather than on top of the top tube. Does that matter much at all? Been looking at these In my quest for a cx bike that will je for racing first and road training on second.

Crell
    Free Member

I’ve got Selle Italia “SLR kit carbonio flows” on 2 mtbs (the 125g jobs, with the stupid name). I find them the most comfy saddle for my butt. No problems at all and I’m 13stone. YMMV

Can we close this thread as I’m too tempted to buy one of the Boardman CX bikes 🙂

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Rotors now fitted correctly……. 😉

sefton
    Free Member

just bought a kcnc post off ebay

kcnc & thomson posts are cool with over size carbon rails (shame they’re the most bloody expensive) 🙄

geologist
    Free Member

Does anyone have any halfords discount codes?

cheers

jamin100
    Free Member

I’ve just reserved a boardman cx and am very excited to get it.
    Does anyone know how long the halfords vouchers take to come through?

I believe my cx will end up costing me £700 if quidco pays out too 🙂

Crell
    Free Member

What combination did you use Jamin? They didn’t pay out on quidco for my Garmin 800.

jamin100
    Free Member

Price is £899, used code nusfeb12 to take 10% off which leaves £810. Then used British cycling membership to order £810 of vouchers for 10% cheaper so actually paid £729

If quidco pays out it was at 4% so would roughly be £30 which would bring the overall cost down to £699. But like you say they may not Pay out, especially as I’ve used the code too.

Still I’m pleased with £730.

Steelsreal

you can get 4.5% with quidco by using a registered card. So register your debit card on quidco, by the bike with that and get 4.5% back several months later

jamin100
    Free Member

Yeh but then you can’t use the halfords vouchers which your getting for 10% less than the actual cost. So it’s better to get the vouchers rather than using quidco on your card

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘My new CX bike (Boardman content)’ is closed to new replies.