Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • My new bike (well nearly full bike) 2Souls Quarterhorse……
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Its a half pound heavier on comparable large size frames and better for agro riding.

It has better standover, is a bit slacker, can take a longer fork, has true 2.4 tyre clearance (unlike the Solaris) and has an adjustable wheel base/chain stays. Despite being built like a panzer tank, it doesn’t appear to be any harsher at the back end than my old Solaris.

And it looks badass.

singlespeedstu

It doesn’t just look badass.
    It iz teh badass. 😉

rockhopperbike

looks great, did you consider the Stanton Sherpa at all

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Thanks.

I never looked at the Stanton.

As soon as I spotted the QH I had to have one! 🙂

Candodavid
    Free Member

Where’s the review Alan?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I started asking myself the question “Why, O why don’t I have a 2Souls Quarterhorse?

The answer is of course “because I have a Chromag Samurai65 instead“, but it still feels like a legitimate question.

Excellent work all round. 🙂

Gotama
    Free Member

Looks like you got the last XL until the next production run unless you want one with the braze on FD mount. I is sads 😥

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Why does nobody notice THE GIANT HOLE in the seat tube?

Candodavid
    Free Member

Your only jealous D because your Shan doesn’t have the same feature

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Where’s the review Alan?

Sorry for the delay….

The bike is awesome!

It’s definitely no light weight – 30 lbs to be precise 😯 but……

I can’t say I really noticed the extra 3 lbs over the Solaris on the way up, it really feels stable & planted on the way down, which is nice.

Even though the frame is very chunky compared to the Solaris, i still felt a bit of ‘springyness’ in the back end.

When I cut the fork steerer, I left enough for 20mm above & 20mm below the stem.

Ever after the one ride on Saturday I feel the front a bit high, so gonna reduce it to 10mm below, see how it goes.

Due to the extra weight, I’ve decided to run a Hope T-Rex, which should be up & running for a trip to Glentress on the 21st – can’t wait for a bit of speed on the way down! 😆

Candodavid
    Free Member

got to remember its a totally different animal to a Solaris, and far more capable

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

True.

The way it rides fits nicely between the SC Nomad i had and the Solaris – Best of both worlds!

😆

Can’t wait to ride it at Glentress for speed & Laggan for the Gnarr!

NormalMan

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like you’ve found what you are looking for from it.

Enjoy!

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Sorry, please ignore.

mrmoofo

Doesn’t the really slack seat angle mean it’s difficult to keep the front down on a climb?
    Great looking bikes – but just a tad too spendy

Beside which, I love my Solaris!

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘My new bike (well nearly full bike) 2Souls Quarterhorse……’ is closed to new replies.