Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • My New Bike – something a bit unusual
  • mudpup
    Free Member

Just built this frame up – Pivot Mach 4 with donor bits from previous Intense. DW link with some very neat tubing/funky bits.
    Really stiff and totally silent on the trail – feels bulletproof and rides light.
    Anyone else got one? (Apart from Benji with his crazy stem ideas!)

andrewh
    Free Member

Jason English won the 24hr Worlds on one.
    First time I’d ever seen one was when he arrived with it on his rack.
    Saw it half a dozen times as he came passed me…

Been on a proper test ride yet? Any good?
    What’s the weight of the frame?

PGreen
    Free Member

Thats alotta headset spacers.

lipseal
    Free Member

Would be interested to know how long the bearings/bushes last in the frame and cost of replacing them, keep us lot informed.

mudpup
    Free Member

Had its first outing last week. Pedals really light, solid as a rock front to back stiffness with no bob at all but absolutely smooth over the bumps. Completely silent too which is a bit strange when you are used to all the banging and clattering you normally get.
    Bought it unridden with leap of faith to replace an Intense Spider XVP which was pretty good but this is much more to my liking. Thought it would be good but its surpassed expectations so far. Just need to tweak spacers and a few other bits.
    Frame weight is a smidge over 6 lbs but thats with the front mech, bb and headset so probably about the same as the Intense in real life. Pedals like its 2 lbs lighter though – feels really lively.
    That lower link has 8 bearings in it so will hopefully last a while.
    Luckily i work in the bike trade so it won’t cost too much to run.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My New Bike – something a bit unusual’ is closed to new replies.