Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • My New Bike. Orange content
  • bigdavevw
    Free Member

Hi guys, just wanted to show everyone my new bike! Just got it today, i work in a bike shop so got it at a good price, it was an ex-demo but basically new.
    It is a 2011 ST4 S which has been upgraded to near pro level (without the 10 speed 😉 ) Upgrades are Fox F120 forks, hope hubs and white Mavic 317 rims.
    This bike is pretty much perfect for what i need, i,m pretty light so i dont need much travel and i usually ride trail centres/natural.

Just got this bike today, but really happy with it, only things i want to upgrade (eventually) are the bars to carbon ones and the headset to a Hope one

Hope you like the pics!!! 🙂 🙂 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

Shouldn’t you have bought a frame that fits you etc. etc.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

What’s going on with those fork legs?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Frame’s too small.

*Edited once I spotted valve/logo alignment was right on one side. *

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

Garden looks a bit bare ……nice rig!

Kevevs
    Free Member

I dunno what the british bike industry would do without STW!

partyboy
    Free Member

At least its not a 5!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

At least its not a 5!

You are correct. This is a 5…

How long must the seatpost be on that ST4??

partyboy
    Free Member

MrNutt
    Free Member

that saddle will need a red flashing light on the top.

bigdavevw
    Free Member

Haha, i rode it home from work, which is on the road. So put my saddle up to ride home, plus i usually ride with it up for efficiency, i can still get off the back when i need to

clareymorris

Love that Greeeeeeen 😀

wors

Nooooo drop yer saddle, don’t hang off the back, lower c of g when pointing down.

bigdavevw
    Free Member

Yea i put the saddle down when riding long descents where i dont have to pedal back up. But for most trail centres i can ride with it fully up.

Beagleboy

Have to concur with some of the others about the saddle height. If you’re running that much seatpost out of the frame, make sure it’s a very long un’.

I used to ride my old medium Orange 5 with about that much seatpost extended. I now ride a large sized frame, showing a lot less seatpost. My old Orange 5 is hanging on the garage wall, where I can see the broken seat-tube / top-tube weld every day to remind me of the folly of buying a bargainous ex-demo bike that might be just a bit too wee. 🙄

Other than that, gorgeous colour and a lovely looking bike mate, sweet!

B. 🙂

Wookster

Love the green mate!!!! It looks a blast!

Bernaard
    Free Member

If your comfortable on it fine.
    That 5 looks like its been ridden into a wall

rOcKeTdOg

Size looks fine to me, if you lot can’t do descents without dropping your post maybe you need to look at bike fit

nuke

Looks good to me but why are the forks wearing spandex leggings?

Alex

Like that green. Very happy with mine. Obviously being red, it’s faster 😉

mikey74
    Free Member

Size looks fine to me, if you lot can’t do descents without dropping your post maybe you need to look at bike fit

What an ignorant thing to say: It’s not about not being able to do long descents with the saddle up, it’s about preferring to having it lower.

In addition, if the descent features drops and jumps then you would be stupid, and it would be potentially dangerous, to ride them with your saddle all the way up like that.

pedlad

Looks lovely in green although I still really like my White one with blue hope bits! I think your forks work better as black with White highlight.

I run 18″ frame with seatpost extended to the marker for better leg extension on pedalling. Drop it occasionally for tricky stuff but not enough for a £250 remote post. I assumed not going over the seatpost max mark was safe…if not maybe I need a longer one. Can you get long carbon posts to keep weight down?

Bimbler
    Free Member

Pretty much like everything about that bike, proper lovely. I wonder if Orange are ever going to build a FS 29er.

_tom_
    Free Member

Don’t think it’s a case of fit, it’s more a case of not feeling comfortable descending with a seat right in the way, not letting you move around properly. It probably doesn’t need to be down it’s just more comfortable and thus I ride better with it down 🙂

mildred

Mmmmmm, saddle bags…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘My New Bike. Orange content’ is closed to new replies.