Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • My new 5 Spot
  • michaelbowden

Tops. yep got a mate in the us so delivered to him then posted on to me as was cheaper

tops5
    Free Member

Will get in touch thanks mate

drew

Pedal head how do you find the push rockers. I've recently aquired a 5 spot HL and was wondering about fitting some along with say a talas 36 in preparation for a trip to the Alps in the summer. My front mech hanger is round the back so I realise there may be an issue there but I'm sure that can be surmounted. Anybody else got experience of running big forks and longer rockers on the pre DW 5 spot? Oh and nice bike by the way Hadge!

michaelbowden

My 04 5 Spot has Turner 5.5 rockers, with 2.1 Nevagals on Mavic 717's it doesn't get close to hitting the cable hanger

pedalhead
    Free Member

I prefer the push rockers with a longer fork (including the pikes). Feels better balanced front & back. I reckon it'd be ace with a talas 36 on the front. I doubt you'll get any problems unles you're running 2.4 rubber queens or something.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Haven't had chance to build the DW Flux up yet.When that happens i'll give a direct comparison against the 2004 5-Spot.
    Thanx Max

alexathome
    Free Member

Here's my flux, 05 i think. i've had the burner and 5 spot (HL) (as well as asr sl, an iron horse something and a few others). I find the flux better for most trail centers, as I'm far from knarly. It's plenty light, i've had it below 24lbs with pedals before, it's about 25.5lbs here i reckon.

It's great! 😀

I did love the 5 spot thou, very nice bike.

Hadge
    Free Member

When I built my 5 Spot up I used most of the parts of my Spesh Enduro and never made any attempt to build it up light but after weighing it I was pleasantly surprised by it's 27.7lb which includes some heavy-ish rimmed wheels. My older Spot came in at 30lb ish but had the DHX coild shock but after having it's first proper ride out yesterday I was impressed with the Pushed RP23 and so it looks like it'll be staying on for good 🙂

khani
    Free Member

look like this now

slowrider
    Free Member

the merlin budget turner:

clicky

pedalhead
    Free Member

Hmm, this thread isn't helping persuade me to sell my Fivespot frame, which has been sitting unused for almost a year. Just can't bring myself to sell such a lovely thing, though I simply have too many bikes.

firestarter
    Free Member

me neither i keep meaning to sell mine but change my mind at last min. i really should have sold to hadge the op when i was going to then it would be a thread about my bike and it would be too late lol

squin
    Free Member

Firestarter – Hadge's old 5 Spot used to be mine and then I bought it back from him, I then stupidly sold it again before I realised that he wanted a 5 Spot again. If you do consider selling yours in the future, keep me in mind as I could be interested – I'll look after it I promise!

firestarter
    Free Member

hi mate i'll keep you in mind. ive mailed you mate

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

hmmm, You lot are making me question getting rid of mine.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘My new 5 Spot’ is closed to new replies.