Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • My name is Steven and I……
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

SW England is littered with top quality singletrack. But for berms and whoops and all-weather riding, I like trail centres.

I'll make the effort to visit the 7Stanes at some point, they sound great. But it's a long way away…

Bunnyhop

We went a few weeks ago, riding, Laggan reds, Glentress red, Mabie forest and some natural stuff around Aviemore. My favourite though was Laggan.

We rarely do trails centres, and there isn't much in the way of singletrack in the Peaks (where our local trails are) so they are great fun once in a while.

benman
    Free Member

You just need to know where to look in the peak, and be a bit creative with your choice of trails…

Some of the evening rides we've been doing recently are 15 miles+ and 90% woodland singletrack.

richmtb

The joy of Glentress is that there are so many trails there that you can stitch together your own ride quite easily, yes some bits of the trail will have an arrow on them but there is plenty of unwaymarked trail as well.

I've nothing against trail centres. Having spent my formative years mountain biking trying to scrape together local rides and being ecstatic when I managed to find 400m of continuous single track, the fact that nice people in the forestry commision let people build miles of trails on their land and even go to the trouble of waymarking them seems like luxury

nbt

benman – Member

You just need to know where to look in the peak, and be a bit creative with your choice of trails…

If you live in the wooded areas, great. When you live in the western paek (hayfield / new mills) the only singletrack is cheeky, It's bloody great, though…

dr_death
    Free Member

By 'Bang for your buck' I meant exactly what stilltortoise is saying, smiles per mile if you will. As I stated I love a big day out in the lakes or Northumberland but sometimes struggle with people on here slating Trailcentres. They are great at what they do, which is cram loads of singletrack into a smallish space. Depends what I'm after from a day out, Big day getting out there and seeing/partaking in 'nature' = day out in the lakes. Hooning about like a big kid on a bike with guaranteed smiles and cake and coffe at the end and not having to worry about a map = GT (or Inners, or we're off to Kirroughtree next Sunday).

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘My name is Steven and I……’ is closed to new replies.