Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • My missus reckons we're all geeks
  • thered

Do you reckon you’re a bike-geek?

bwaarp
    Free Member

I reckon your missus is the girl in this vid.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhm7-LEBznk[/video]

TiRed

Of course I am. I’m comfortable with it (And being a general geek 😆 ). She is used to it – spent 1hr 40 min in a bike shop this afternoon with me and a tape measure.

tonyd

I’ve just come in from the garage after spending the last few hours spannering (building) the missus’ new bike. Not sure if that’s because I’m a bike geek or I wanted a few hours peace and quiet!

piemonster

It’s Saturday night, I’m on a bike forum. The girlfriend already asleep on the sofa.

Yes, I’m definitely a geek of some description.

Quite glad about it to be honest. I’ve gone out and ruined myself enough in the weekend to not care anymore.

piemonster

I’ve just come in from the garage after spending the last few hours spannering (building) the missus’ new bike. Not sure if that’s because I’m a bike geek or I wanted a few hours peace and quiet!

You are not alone 🙂

Not in some creepy I’m in your garden watching sense btw.

wolly
    Free Member

Not what she said last night 😉

beefheart
    Free Member

Not what she said last night

+1

scaredypants

spent 1hr 40 min in a bike shop this afternoon with me and a tape measure.

was she “gauging” your reaction to different bikes ?

ste_t
    Free Member

My girlfriend has always found my obsession (for want of a better word,) with bikes ‘cute.’ She came on a ride with me for the first time this week and loved it, even after she crashed into a tree.

Most people think I’m just sad.

CountZero

She’s not wrong…

Northwind

You say it like there’s something wrong with it?

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Your point caller?

I’m kinda like this with everything I “get into”… Drives the wife bananas 😕

daveh
    Free Member

Yep, though the ‘bike’ part of the OP was too specific for round these parts. She says it’s good I’ve got a hobby, I say it’s double good that it’s not beer and women.

TiRed- A little something for you, don’t say I’m not good to you: Geektastic

roper
    Free Member

I’m not a geek but considering I’ve read the thread title several times as ” My missus reckons we’re all greeks “, I think it’s fair to say I’m pretty low on smarts.

oldgit
    Free Member

Well my missus called us all Time Team rejects, is that the same thing?

_tom_
    Free Member

Yep.. I’m a massive geek about anything I’m interested in. So guitars/music/recording/production, bikes, photo/video stuff etc. Might as well immerse yourself in something if you want to do it properly!

Rorschach
    Free Member

carlphillips
    Free Member

its called the “geek site” in our house.

yunki
    Free Member

from rorschach’s chart we can see that geek doesn’t really come into it when characterising the STW forum member..
    Show your GF the chart and see if she revises her description.. my guess is that she will

I’m gonna show Mrs yunki the chart later when she gets home – £10 on dorky nerd

ste_t
    Free Member

I think a select few will be lucky enough to be nerds, with a plethora of dorks making up the numbers

dibboid
    Free Member

I disagree with op as my mrs says I’m just “sad and obsessed” probably cus I spend most nights lurking on here it fettling with the bike and dropper shopping the last 2 nights. So if I’m not reading about them I’m on it. But in my defense she’s always on mumsnet….. I rest my case!

bellys
    Free Member

I just get called a strange and perverted. Don’t think it’s any thing to do with bikes..

wwaswas

My wife says that all men are on the autistic spectrum and that obsession with any one hobby or sport is illustration of this.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I think geek is a compliment

We are clearly nerds

yunki
    Free Member

I think geek is a compliment

We are clearly nerds dorks

EDIT:

OK.. I have aksed Mrs yunki and she says the nerd/geek/dork thing isn’t taking it seriously enough..

we are all simply obsessed..

daveh
    Free Member

And as if to prove it, I had a bit of a moment today at Sherwood Pines. Whilst returning to the car I spotted a Marin B17, the ultimate as far as I was concerned in what, 1997/98? I said to my mate, while getting quite close to said machine, something along the lines of: “Whoa, look at that, stunning. I remember lusting after one of those as a young man” Queue then looking up from the B17 to see a very attractive young lady, then slightly right to see her bloke on his bike. Oops and perhaps slightly worrying.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

spent 1hr 40 min in a bike shop this afternoon with me and a tape measure.

Could you not have got all the same info online? 😕

blastit
    Free Member

In our house this site is called Sadtrack.
    Which I can’t really argue with !!

beanieripper
    Free Member

it’s singlecrack in our house..

TiRed

Nope. Don’t believe the data in geometry tables. You need a real honest to God frame in front of you. Two models listed with the same geometry had different length virtual top tubes. And I wanted to be sure of my purchase (measure twice and cut once) 😆 . Of course I don’t have to point out that it wasn’t the first visit, either – I’m among friends here!

She’s very understanding, Mrs TiRed.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

rule 1) never listen to what they say

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘My missus reckons we're all geeks’ is closed to new replies.