Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • My journey to the darkside is complete… do i really put 100 psi in the tyres?
  • asterix
    Free Member

I don’t know how to measure it – its just what the chart says.

I only brought it up because I am in the process of buying a rather springy carbon road bike

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have a Cervelo R5 which is quite “springy” and run GP4’s at 95 front and 110-115 rear.
    I also have a Parlee Z4 which is solid as a rock and run again on GP4’s and …yes you guessed 95, 110 as before.
    I do change the wheels though and Mav R-Sys which are light climbing wheels feel better at this psi, I’ve some carbone 40mm aeros and again run psi’s at the above.

I ride SOuth Downs lanes and they are full of potholes and shagged out surfaces..

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

What a bunch of twatbags….stop talking in bloody PSI, I don’t understand it!

60kg, 9 bar in the front 10bar in the back! I really really need to experiment with lower pressures!!

wwaswas

I really really need to experiment with lower pressures!!

Take those bars out and put some air in them instead?

asterix
    Free Member

60kg, 9 bar in the front 10bar in the back!

man alive! – your off the chart!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Feels reeet fast though 😉

whatnobeer
    Free Member

60kg, 9 bar in the front 10bar in the back!

Bloody hell, unless you’re riding on a track or on a TT bike on perfect smooth roads that seems way to high for someone of your weight…. Try 6.5 bar and see how you get on

mrblobby
    Free Member

145psi?!

jag61

Guages on pump are that accurate?
    bit of a tyre kicker here well tyre presser… press ,feels a bit soft? pump it up a bit, and repeat. no science in that, but happy enough considering the state of the roads and my skill/fitness level

TiRed

I inflate with a track pump and measure with a Zefal presta pressure gauge. Normally have to let a little air out. 5PSI won’t make much difference, 10PSI may, depending on surface.

brakes
    Free Member

I have recently bought a solid plastic seat for my commuter – it’s certainly making me wish I had less pressure in my tyres.

Nobby
    fourbanger
    Free Member

Why is everyone debating a few psi here and there when you can get 18mm tyres that will make you much faster.

julianwilson
    Free Member

If i hadn’t repaired them myself, I would find it hard to believe that my nudging-under-9st wife has in the last month and 400 miles, pinch flatted her front tyre twice on potholes-hidden-in-puddles at 100 psi. 25c tyres too: tore a hole in sidewall of 2 rides old gatorskin. 👿

hodge

You must ride on beads of concrete, arse up head down if speed and pace is your aim, plus a lot more good luck!

molgrips
    Free Member

90-100 at 89kg for me. Usually pump up to 100 on the basis that they lose pressure over time. I find myself reinflating when they get to bout 80 otherwise I risk pinches.

cynic-al
    Free Member

15% drop works roughly for me, 80/90psi @ 80kg.

Anything higher feels harsh – and certainly doesn’t feel faster (though we all KNOW how meaningless that can be 😛 )

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘My journey to the darkside is complete… do i really put 100 psi in the tyres?’ is closed to new replies.