Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • My ideal bike doesn't exist!
  • sam_underhill

I think my ideal bike would be a full carbon version of a turner flux with a 142mm rear axle, and tapered headtube.

Have I just read too much marketing gumph?

DW link systems seem to be a good compromise on the suspension front, but a turner flux is a bit weighty so a full carbon version could fix that.
    The bigger axle and headtube must be stiffer (although I may not notice being a bit of a numpty on a bike).

A smaller travel version of an ibis might fit my wish list.

Frankers
    Free Member

Agree about the Turner Flux but not sure what benefit the tapered head tube would give.

I’m going to replace my TNT Flux in the next year or so, just waiting to see what Turner adds to future frames… not fussed about carbon though

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Have I just read too much marketing gumph?

yes

DW link systems seem to be a good compromise on the suspension front

so why does it claim to have different properties on every bike he licences it to?

The bigger axle and headtube must be stiffer (although I may not notice being a bit of a numpty on a bike).

tomac managed it with a 135m rear, 1″ head tube and drop bars………….

sam_underhill

tapered tube, must be stiffer. but there is a difference between a theoretically stiffer, and noticeably stiffer.

Most of the reports say that the Flux “rides light” so I don’t think it will be too much of a problem (and of course I’ll test ride one first).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘My ideal bike doesn't exist!’ is closed to new replies.