Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • My Homemade Avid Bleedkit
  • DannyLeigh
    Free Member

Hello,

After another Sunday not riding, I decided to make myself busy trying to mimic the £40 Avid bleed kit. Sure enough, I eventually got something that works 😀

The two syringes;

The clamps;

The screw;

In place;

Enjoy,

Dan.

firestarter
    Free Member

what did you use for the screws mate

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Word's from my mouth mi©k, would like to be able to do my Elixir's (well, just the rear actually).

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

For the screws I used two old bike pump adaptors like this and used a tool to thread over the original thread to make it M5 thread. I had to pull it out of the rest of the tube too.

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

Oh sorry forgot to say, to pull out the screw bit, squeeze the thing that goes around the fabricy bit of the tube to loosen it with pliers and then pull it out after a couple of minutes of squeezing it.

colnagokid

my homemade avid bleed kit consists of….1 syringe & 1 assistant

firestarter
    Free Member

confused the hell outta me lol well done

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

I'll try and explain again, use an old screw in bike pump adaptor, pull the threaded bit out with pliers, and rethread to M5 thread, you can go over the old thread.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Ah, so it requires engineering kit, maybe minor but not in my shed. Just keep hassling the shop then 🙂

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

Ah, so it requires engineering kit, maybe minor but not in my shed. Just keep hassling the shop then

I dare say you could try to rethread it with just an M5 nut and a spanner?

firestarter
    Free Member

ah my mate might be able to do that as his old man has some thready stuff ™ lol i re did a front road mech for me i had overtightend and ripped the thread out the other week 😉 cheers

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

I forgot to say also, the thready bits now have o-rings, which come on the pump adaptors anyway, these pictures were taken after I threaded them again and I put them on again after.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

might be worth a go on one of these long winters nights…

alexonabike

good work!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘My Homemade Avid Bleedkit’ is closed to new replies.