Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • My Hermes – "parcel out for delivery" since last Wednesday
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

My Hermes have failed again.

My parcel is shown as having been out for delivery since Wednesday.

Went on their webchat service and have got this message.

You are currently number 185 in the queue. You should be connected to an agent in about 16:15. The average amount of time a customer has to wait is 20:44.

Now is this minutes or hours? Please not hours!

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Myhermes have always been useless for me, good luck!

rocketman
    Free Member

And yet round our way they are phenomenal

Got the ‘your parcel is with your courier’ email just after 9 on Saturday – yes Saturday – and an hour later the lovely Gloria turns up with said parcel

Awesome only ordered it Friday

jonnyrockymountain

I have not had one single issue with them in the last 2 yrs of using them and 121 parcels.

fasthaggis

Myherpes have been almost next to useless for me.

If you are not in ,they usually just throw it in a near by hedge ,then leave a card saying ‘left in hedge’.

I get all large items delivered to work now.

Kahurangi

Yesterday we received a parcel from MyHermes that had been dispatched on the 4th.

They must be having a busy period, would never have expected it this time of year.

Gary_M
    Free Member

sent 134 parcels using hermes in the past 2 years, had one parcel gone missing and one damaged in transit. Both resolved quickly with compensation received.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I’ve got one that has been out for delivery three times and three times returned due to an address query.
    The address that Parcel2go’s website filled in – including company name.
    The only address that there actually is for that postcode.
    Yet Hermes apparently can’t deliver to it because its incomplete.

Muppets.

My suggestion to Parcel2go that perhaps they should look for the rather large neon sign on the front of the building thats clearly visible on Google Street View didn’t go down well….

According to them Hermes MUST have the complete and correct address details or they cannot deliver it.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Supposedly had two parcels ‘delivered’ two weeks ago, but we did not receive anything. Took a week for them to discover that they had been delivered to a house half a mile away – in the mean time we had had to re-order the goods and then deal with returning the original packages.
    Useless twunts (or at least our local distributor is) with almost non-existent customer service.
    In the future I will endeavour to not buy from companies that use MyHerpes.

Northwind

Just had a look, they’ve delivered 381 parcels for me, lost 2, and I’m only aware of a handful of significant delays. Though probably there’s been more delays that I don’t know about. Their website’s pretty shonky though, it’s pretty common for stuff to have wrong statuses and you generally can’t cancel a booking yourself. Though the ebay integration is fab.

I’ve already stopped offering christmas delivery though, they claim to guarantee delivery up to the 18th but you’d have to be pretty brave…

Definitely not the worst courier out there, and considering the price I’m very happy with the service- I’ve saved at least a grand compared to quality couriers, and they’ve been a lot better than gobshites like yodel. Love the parcel shop dropoff, and coincidentally so does the dude in the corner shop.

chrisgibson
    Free Member

Tempted to join the ‘they are rubbish’ wagon however I have only ever ordered from them at peak times so maybe it’s just that they are very busy?

Have an order from Amazon, ordered the 2nd dispatched yesterday even though was in stock.

Utterly frustrating.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s time to get in touch with the actual local courier that myherpes use to find out what’s happening.
    Make the necessary calls/ emails. ASAP.

Afaik myhermes work fine at delivering within their company but they outsource the actual doorstep delivery to whoever, which leads to a huge variability in customer experience.

From my experience of being informed that they had ‘tried’ to deliver a parcel, being told that I could not collect from their depot, and subsequently being informed that the parcel had been ‘disposed’ of after it spent a week at their depot, frankly I wouldn’t go near myhermes ever again.

Luckily, I received compensation for the parcel.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I contacted the vendor about this and they chased Hermes.

Hermes said the parcel was lost.

The vendor refunded me and claimed compensation off Hermes.

The parcel was delivered yesterday.

Do I keep it or send it back? It’s pretty low value about £25.

kimbers

Mine was out for delivery since Monday, turned up yesterday so quite pleased as it was the missing bits of the sofa I picked up last week and the in laws now have somewhere to sit over xmas

isitafox
    Free Member

I think you can’t judge Hermes as a whole as it all comes down to the individuals who get the local delivery contracts. Must admit all the different people we’ve had delivering for them over the past few years have been excellent.

peanutcracknell
    Free Member

I sold a reverb seatpost a few weeks ago, sent with hermes. It showed up on the Wednesday as delivered, left in porch. The guy who bought is emailed saying that it wasn’t there, he’d been in all day and that the porch was locked. Lodged a claim with hermes as it was insured. Took 3 days for them to email back saying that someone from the investigations team would be in contact in 24-48 hours. 72 hours later and no email i emailed them again to remind them. Another 2 or 3 day wait and i get another email the same as the first one they sent. That was 4 days ago- and i still haven’t heard back from them. The crazy thing is the seatpost did actually arrive about 5 days after day their tracking system says it was delivered. My hunch is it was dropped at the wrong address, but they’re so incompetent that they can’t figure out what has happened and they’re choosing to ignore my emails instead of telling me that they don’t know what has happenned to the package.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘My Hermes – "parcel out for delivery" since last Wednesday’ is closed to new replies.