Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • My Fitness Pal
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Who uses it? I must admit its really made me reconsider what I eat 😯

steveoath
    Free Member

I haven’t been great at keeping it up to date, but its really useful. The phone app is good.

GrahamS

Yep. Been using it for about 3 months now.

Quite eye-opening isn’t it? Lost 7kgs so far.

rOcKeTdOg

using it for 3 weeks, 6lb gone so far

rkk01
    Free Member

Yes, and yes it is real eye opener!

Been using since May. Have lost more than 2 stone overall. 15st 8 down to 13st 5

Haven’t even been on a “diet” just cut back on the crap. Still drinking wine and beer. Still have chips etc …!

leffeboy

Haven’t even been on a “diet” just cut back on the crap. Still drinking wine and beer. Still have chips etc

That. It helps cut back on the in between stuff that you eat just because it there. White coffee was another surprise.

Leffe still rules

_tom_
    Free Member

I tried to use it but couldn’t stand logging everything I ate or exercise I did, I felt like I was obsessing over nothing. I seem to eat what I “should” be eating according to the app anyway.

dabble
    Free Member

my friend i go to the gym wi is my fitness pal, he’s alright i suppose.

forge197
    Free Member

Started two weeks ago after a “chat” at the doctors, so far it’s been good and a is really helping consider what I am eating. Also less inclined to snack as a result.

We have changed some bits of our diet but not massively and in a sustainable manner. 3.1kgs lost in two weeks just by more exercise and a balanced controlled diet.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Leffe still rules

200 Kcal. Boo.

I’m eating under 1400Kcal on every week day and keeping under 2000 on a Saturday. I’ve lst quite a bit so far. Admittedly it’ll be just water at present.

GrahamS

I tried to use it but couldn’t stand logging everything I ate or exercise I did, I felt like I was obsessing over nothing

I don’t really find it that much of a faff once you get in the habit. They’ve done just about everything they can to make it painless: recent items per meal, copy previous meals, creating your own recipes and barcode scanning.

Only really takes a couple of minutes a day

Neil-F
    Free Member

I think its brill, but I had to uninstall it from my phone due to a lack of storage space. 🙁

willej

My wife’s been using MFP for nearly 4 years and lost 65 lbs. She says the forums are full of to$$ers and to be careful about the food values that other people have entered, they’re not always right. Other than that it’s been really useful. Measuring everything we cook has had the knock-on effect that I’ve lost a bit of weight too, about a stone, without really trying. We call it “fitnesstrack” in our house, after another forum!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

As Tom said I can’t be a***d and found I felt like I was obssessing over nothing, just think twice about eating stuff, or alternatively eat an apple, drink a pint of water and wait 45 mins if still hungry eat something healthy not crisps, chocolate or rubbish. Simples.

GrahamS

My wife’s been using MFP for nearly 4 years and lost 65 lbs. She says the forums are full of to$$ers and to be careful about the food values that other people have entered, they’re not always right.

Yep, agree on both points. Worth reading some of the success stories in the forums for a bit of inspiration (300lb Americans dropping 160lbs! 😯 ) but take any advice there with a massive pinch of low-sodium salt substitute.

Always worth checking nutritional info. Most foods are right though and it’s usually pretty obvious when you search for something and one of the 10 results is several hundred calories lower than everything else.

As for “just eat an apple”, yeah but that didn’t work for me. I honestly thought I was eating okay but having it all logged highlighted failings like portion size and my numerous little “this doesn’t count” extras.

jota180
    Free Member

I tend to enter everything retrospectively at the end of the day or the next morning now, a couple of minutes at the most.
    If I’ve had a ‘bad’ day, I take it easy for the next day

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘My Fitness Pal’ is closed to new replies.