Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • my first SS bike/ride
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

got my slotty inbred built up (thanks julian wilson for the workshop/warm front room/good coffee etc!)
    and finally got to have a spin on it today (thanks julian wilson's wife for looking after my kids whilst we went!!)

pic here

i liked it a lot felt a bit wierd not shifting and my thumbs were constantly reaching for the shifters.

one question though, i used on one chain tugs and with the axle around middle of the slot the bolts on the tugs weren't long enough to reach the frame..?? anyone else have this? i had to take an extra link out in the end and it is just about long enough although i'd have to take the link out to get the rear wheel off..

thomthumb
    Free Member

nice bike.

on one chain tugs

they're rubbish

Rorschach
    Free Member

You slide the wheel forwards to make the chain slack enough to take it off the chainring…then remove the wheel.Or if you run it slammed you foce the chain off with a tyre lever and hope you don't snap a tooth!

nsaints
    Free Member

I had to go to the local hardware store to get some bolts long enough for the tugs to work correctly

clunker

Nice bike fella. Singlespeeding is very rewarding 8)

firestarter
    Free Member

nice bike even better name 🙂

Clembo
    Free Member

Thats rather lovely. Like the colour

I'm nowhere near fit enough to single speed but I still enjoy it. You get used to not chaning gear quickly.

roblerner
    Free Member

Thats rather lovely. Like the colour

Even better in the flesh, just built mine up at the weekend.

carlphillips
    Free Member

cheers all.
    @ mick..formally 'fat mutha hubbard' i joined the masses in name changing, baa baa

to rors.. it is slammed now, no chance of getting the chain over the teeth at all i reckon..!!

clembo..i am hoping that more frequent use of the ss will make me fitter.

timc
    Free Member

what you running your forks at?

carlphillips
    Free Member

115mm the shortest they would go, it seemed really nice in the twisty singletrack today, much more agile than my 456 ever was through it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘my first SS bike/ride’ is closed to new replies.