Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • My First pedal & shoe recommendations? Ordered My first Road Bike.
  • jacob46
    Free Member

Hi

Just ordered my first ever road bike,

http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/tarmac-sl4-sport/28479/14tarmac

Never had or heard of cleets or cleats bbefore. Would like a pair of shoes and pedals which will last and good for 8 mile commute and 1/4 mile walk into work.

Sure £100 will get me both.

Bregante

For commuting I’d use mtb SPD’s. far easier to get in and out of than road specific ones which are designed more to spread the weight evenly to prevent hot spots on lengthy rides. And the cleats last a lot longer too if you’re walking any distance.

If you’re walking 1/4 mile then something with a more flexible sole like these shimano mt42

daftvader
    Free Member

as bregante says mtb pedals are far better for commuting. fwiw I have these pedals on my commuter (cx bike) and find some shoes that fit, go to your lbs and try some on. they wont need to be mega bucks (I think my first pair of shoes for spds were about £20) but comfortable is important especially for walking, touring shoes would probably be best. and if you are using the bike for weekend road stuff maybe invest in a some shimano 105 pedals and some comfortable road shoes too. HTH

PMK2060

Merlin cycles are doing a deal on mtb shoes and shimano m520 pedals. £40 for both. I cannot comment on the shoes but the pedals are ace.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘My First pedal & shoe recommendations? Ordered My first Road Bike.’ is closed to new replies.