Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • My day with Jedi…
  • bamboo
    Free Member

Hi All

Today I had a one to one session with Jedi, and having read all of the other glowing reviews on here (which prompted be into booking a session), now it is my turn….

Basically – wow! I’m not going to go into huge detail about what we did, but the way that Tony identified the problems with my riding and then taught me how to fix the bad habits is hugely impressive. I’ve always been really nervous about losing grip on the front wheel; within 20 mins of starting Tony had me turning tighter than I ever have done before (and on slippy grass too!) It was just like when you carve with ski’s; I can hear the sound of my tyres biting into the grass now, and I can’t get over it! I’m literally sat here grinning from ear to ear just thinking about it. The rest of the day was brilliant too; Tony made everything just seem easy – I was laughing as I was riding around the course because I honestly couldn’t believe how I was riding. He even got me to clear the 6 ft table top at the end of the session, and it just felt effortless 🙂 To top it all off, I then fell off on the flat grass at the very end of the session just as I got back to my car; because I reverted back to my old habits when I was tired!

I know lots of people wax lyrical on STW about Tony, and in my opinion he deserves every single bit of credit he gets. Tony is also a thoroughly top bloke too, which just made the day even more enjoyable (plus the great coffee!)

That is all. I am now off to the pub for a couple of pints of Wye Valley to top off a great day. Cheers Tony!

Ian

Bregante

Your pre Jedi problems sounds just like mine. I’m going to have to get saving I think….

Kryton57

It’s been over a year since I went to see Jedi, and even on Today’s “getting back into Mtb” ride his words were in my head. They was actually one point where my inside bar grip was so low I thought I was a goner – but no.

I’m assuming the OP’s smiling story is a reflection of what Jedi told me about the way he giggles when he rides. I remembered that story today as I reflected where my head has been regarding MTBing recently. So Jedi is still helping, a year later. He deserves a medal for his services to MTBing IMO.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Did you remember your bike?

bamboo
    Free Member

Ha ha, yes; it was rather useful!!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Useful, but not totally necessary. 😉

jedi

I’ve been riding all evening with a smile on my face from that session. I am in my local now holding a beer up to you and all!

timpol
    Free Member

Top bloke and immense coach and rider! Got me going over things I never thought I would!

nmdbase
    Free Member

Going to have to do this soon 🙂

Radioman

Its been a couple of years since he “did me” and I still remember his words.. Vastly improved my confidence and therefore FUN in riding.. I’m pleased he took up coaching! 🙂

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Three weeks post Jedi for me and first chance to ride local benchmark Cannock Chase after a couple of away rides in Wales……shaved 8 minutes off my usual time round dog/monkey. I have loads more to practice and refine thanks to the core principals he’s given me to apply and the self analysis/correction he’s programmed into me…..the end of your session with him is really only the very beginning of your potential improvement…… Cheers Tony!

jedi

high5 kiwiwfiz 🙂

Moe

Kiwifiz hit’s the nail on the head, once Tony ‘rewires’ your head it is just the start!

Leku
    Free Member

[/url]
    IMG_0581 by jh_buchanan, on Flickr[/img]

timpol
    Free Member

Couldn’t jump when I met him, now air is seriously fun!!

kayak23

Get a room you lot… 😉
    Sounds great, good on you.

eshershore
    Free Member

@jedi

great to see you getting excellent feedback, its all I ever hear about you, from contacts that have spent time with you, on your coaching sessions

cheers!

Rob Cole

jedi

Cheers rob. Pop up herts soon eh. Its been too long

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Tony certainly deserves all the positive feedback he gets…..totally changed my riding 😀

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Not had a chance to get out and practice what Tony taught me since our session 🙁 will be rectifying that on Sunday so I can put what has been replaying in my mind ever since to practice.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Tony how longs your waiting list for a day session.
    Would be a day with me and a mate

jedi

littlegirlbunny, congrats on 2nd place in the dh 🙂 <thumb>

Mike59

Just to add my voice to the accolades : I had a serious MTB accident 3 years ago (back broken in 2 places, broken ribs etc., spinal brace, 4 months off bike) but got my fitness back eventually. What was harder was to get my confidence back as every little step on the trail scared the hell out of me!

Booked a day with Tony, and he sorted out my technique, which in turn sorted most of my confidence issues. I even had a crash on the day, which I’d been dreading as it was less than 6 months after the accident and I was still healing, but that crash was a big monkey off the back (no pun intended).

Cheers, Tony – forever grateful.

Mike.

jedi

Mike, high5 dood

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Another very satisfied Jedi customer here – just got back from today’s session. Going out tomorrow to practice everything Jedi taught me. And yes, he got me grinning like a cheshire cat 8)

jedi

cheers ernie 😀 was a fun session eh and i told you it was easy to get airtime eh

igrf
    Free Member

If he could only cure alzheimers… 😉

Hells

Right after hearing/reading all this praise I’ve just sent an email to book myself onto a session in October!! 😀

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘My day with Jedi…’ is closed to new replies.