Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • My daughter has lost her (toy) Mouse – help to find a replacement
  • richen987
    Free Member

Hi, as Singletrack does seem to turn up almost everything, I was hoping it might turn up a replacement mouse.

My 3 year old daughter lost her favourite toy/ comforter at the weekend, which was a little bit of an unmitigated disaster for us.

I was hoping that someone on here may have one the same that they had been given as a present for their child and had not used it, or it is now unwanted.

It was a grey striped H&M mouse comforter, there is a pic below of exactly what t looks like, if you have one and wouldn’t mind parting with it then please let me know.
    Condition is unimportant.

my email is : ric_hen987(at)hotmail.com

I will part with large amounts of cash, beer tokens, goodwill, charity donations, my second born child, or any equivalent (not my bike though :D) to get a replacement.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Good luck richen!

canopy
    Free Member

These comforter things sell like hot cakes on eBay. I know someone who makes a killing on there from them

johndoh
    Free Member

I can’t help but I feel your pain. We ended up with multiple Jojo Maman Bebe comforters (similar style) and constantly recirculated them as they became lost, found and lost again…

verses

Would she prefer a rabbit?

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/can_you_help_stansted_airport_staff_keen_to_reunite_toy_bunny_with_owner_1_4712288

Verses (dad to a girl with 4 identical comforters that get swapped and changed as needed)

EDIT: Identical to each other, not yours…

hypnonewt
    Free Member

Similar thing happened to my nephew only it was a blue Hippo my Sister found one on e-bay had to pay £25 for it, I think it was about £5 when she bought it. A quick look on E-bay and have found a cat, hippo and bunny but no mouse unfortunately.

It seems it happens quite often, could be a nice little earner buying up kids comforters and then selling them to desperate parents for 4 times the cost.

Might stop off at ELC after work 😆

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Dreading the day if/when ‘pink ted’ goes missing.

Drac

Similar thing happened with my kids after a week they stopped caring.

canopy
    Free Member

hah.. little profit there though! paying retail? silly ebay people pay retail for used stuff!

as I said.. someone I know buys them second hand for pennies.. cleans em, and flogs em for a very tidy profit.

richen987
    Free Member

sadly we have tried the new jumper approach, “Mousey” is so worn he has been through 2 jumpers in 3 years.
    she is just too old to fall for that one again 🙂

Thanks for all your support, we have tried ebay and look daily , but no luck so far, had we lost anything else it seems it would have been bloody easy to replace, but a striped mouse, No chance!

And I know she will stop caring after a little while, but would be nice to have one so that in years to come she has it on the shelf, it’s in so many photos from the last couple of years it would be nice to have one, so when she is a bit older she can reminisce a bit.

bearnecessities

Long shot, but drop this seller a note to ask if they’d mind getting in touch with the buyer? May be they never used it or child didn’t care for it?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172273688691

richen987
    Free Member

Cheers BN ,
    Email sent, may hopefully have another or it hadn’t sold .
    Much appreciated

Yak

Sack it off as a lost cause. Get another soft toy, but buy 2 this time as back-up. If not used, then it’s a spare present for someone else.

sandwicheater

Of no use but when we chose to give the first child a comforter, we chose a bit of muslin cloth. Generic and easily replaceable. Man we’ve lost it so many times but hey ho, just lob him another, job jobbed.

richen987
    Free Member

Cheers Yak, we have decided to do that, as whilst she is upset about it, it’s not the end of the world, as said it was more about the having one for the memories.

Sandwicheater- we came to the same conclusion for our second , he has nothing but muslins , so much easier

Gunz
    Free Member

I met someone at BBB who had clipped a little GPS tracker onto their kid’s comforter, might be worth it for the replacement.

richen987
    Free Member

Lol was at BBB too, can see why with so many kids and so many places to lose it.
    Mousey made BBB with no dramas so was a great trip. Awesome event

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Try posting in chat on mumsnet – it’s great for this kind of thing

prawny

This is the time to try and break the habit to be honest. The youngest had ‘bear bear’ almost from birth we got a few early doors just in case, but when we took one away to wash it she twigged straight away. You can’t replicate the same thing.

If she really needs a comforter then you’ll have to suffer short term pain until she finds something else she likes.

Bloody kids.

richen987
    Free Member

Mumsnet sounds serious!
    Will get the wife on that.

Thank you for the helpful replies.

Northwind

I lost my gordon t gopher. My mum said, serves you right, look after your stuff.

Now fighting urge to buy gopher on ebay.

slackalice
    Free Member

Are we dealing with the parents’ or child’s attachment issues here? 😉

rossburton
    Free Member

eBay is the obvious answer. I’ll admit that whilst at one point we had *six* “ghostbears” we still managed to lose them all and ended up buying a replacement at a crazy inflated price from there for our first son when he was about two.

For the second when the beloved horsey was lost we bought a totally different replacement and horsey was retcon’d out of existence within a few days…

bearnecessities

Probably a bit late, but I set up an eBay alert after this thread, and this just popped up..

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-M-Hennes-Grey-Mouse-Soft-Toy-Comforter-Blankie-Birth-/112549257528

I suspect she’s over it now though 🙂

stoofus
    Free Member

Bearneccesities – there’s a thread going about what makes a man in 2017 – you.

What a bloke.

ratherbeintobago

Of no use but when we chose to give the first child a comforter, we chose a bit of muslin cloth.

We did this. However, the older spawn (aged 6 1/2) has a toy owl that goes to bed with her every night and there would be murder if that got lost.

theotherjonv

Don’t tell my daughter, but there are 2 Jelly Kitten donkeys that are on regular rotation. We even lost one when she was very small, but had spare donkey until we managed to find a spare spare on ebay. Tense few weeks though until we did, like climbing without a safety rope.

I don’t know what happens if they ever meet, maybe the world collapses in on itself in a Dr Who type way. Maybe at wedding, or 21st…..

nealglover
    Free Member

I don’t know what happens if they ever meet,

This happened to us 🙂

Apparently, in the mind of a two year old at least, “bunny fell over, and now he’s two bunnies!”

Problem is, now we need two more as spares 😆

CountZero

Stupid, I know, but whenever I see what is obviously a child’s toy lying by the side of a road or path somewhere, I feel incredibly sad, knowing that there’s a child somewhere probably breaking their little heart over their lost toy.
    I have actually picked up a couple I spotted when I was out on my bike, one a little Orca by the side of a main road, still with its label attached, and the other a little hare lying in the grass by the side of a cycle path.
    No chance of ever returning them to their unhappy owners, but I feel better somehow having them safe and not covered in filth and ripped to pieces .
    Like I said, really stupid, but I can get pretty emotional on behalf of the lost owner.
    Years ago I bought my then g/f a little furry hedgehog, which she carried around all the time, then one day we were out somewhere and she realised it was missing.
    She was so upset, it practically broke my heart! We got back home, and the little hedgehog was lying in the road where she’d dropped it getting into my car, she was both thrilled she had it back, and upset it had been lying in the road all the time!
    And I was upset because she was! She was late teens at the time…
    It’s irrational how people/kids get so emotionally attached to an inanimate object, but I guess there’s an amount of anthropogenic* whatsit going on.
    *i think that’s the word I’m looking for.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘My daughter has lost her (toy) Mouse – help to find a replacement’ is closed to new replies.