Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • My daughter has just had some sweet corn removed from her nose
  • Harry_the_Spider

Apparently it fell off her fork and went straight up her nose. The medical staff were very understanding.

Anybody else care to share their experiences of vegetable insertion/extraction?

davidjones15
    Free Member

At least she took it out of the tin first.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Was there a Jolly Green Giant bogey behind it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

baked bean left ear- child not me

iainc

3 yrs ago our now 6 yr old stuck a tiny ball of mint ‘reindeer poo’ up his nose. One of those crappy toys that grandparents get – ‘the pooing reindeer’ or whatever ! Doc reckoned it would dissolve in time, but we sometimes wonder if it’s stil there !

KonaTC

LOL goes off to re-read sudocream and cat thread

neninja
    Free Member

A mate in his 40’s had to have a pencil rubber removed from his ear recently. He poked the back of the pencil in his ear (no idea why) and when he pulled it out the eraser had gone and was properly stuck.

Apparently compared to some of the ‘insertions’ the A&E department see lower down the body, this was pretty ordinary. We all found it very amusing.

bencooper
    Free Member

My aunt, when she was about three, shoved a dried pea up her nose. No-one noticed until she started to smell a bit odd…

LoCo
    Free Member

2 year old swallowed a plastic coin at nursery a few months ago, que xrays to check it’d gone into her stomach, seems they’re made out of a plastic that breaks down luckily and it was ‘passed’ a few weeks later, after a fair amount of ‘sifting’ 😯

holmesy
    Free Member

My daughter also got a pea stuck up her nose, she told us she had a bogey stuck. we managed to get it out with some tweezers.

Next morning she complained of another bogey and upon a really good look we found a second one lodged higher up the same nostril. Got it out, on A&E’s suggestion, of closing the other nostril and blowing hard into her mouth.

johndoh
    Free Member

My brother once swallowed a toy soldier (playing ‘dying in a river of blood’ with said toy and a bowl of soup).

It was never seen again.

sbob
    Free Member

My brother got a coin stuck up his nose, I had someone shoot a spud gun point blank up my nose.
    That made the eyes water.

instanthit
    Free Member

On the “advice” of her 6year old sister, my 3 year old put a pea up her nose recently. 3 Year old started crying and as I walked into the room a pea followed by a few specks of blood shot across the room. Had a laugh afterwards, but 6 year old was very quiet for a while!! Lesson learned I think.

yunki
    Free Member

My sister, just shy of 2 years old, in the departure lounge at Gatwick about to jet off to Portugal on our first ever (and only) foreign family holiday..

found a tic tac (possibly supplied by my younger brother) and shoved it up her nose.. cue flight delayed while various flight attendants and medics fish around with forceps etc, trying to get a dippy 2 year old to blow her nose into a hankie was a non-starter..
    They were just about to leave without us when someone suggested that she sniff it back and swallow it.. at which point she blew out and ejected it with force onto the carpet..

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

spangle wrapper up the nose
    about 5 or 6 when it happened. being an army brat in germany, was taken to the army hospital. in the waiting room was a boy about my size so about my age with a saucepan stuck on his head. being in the army hospital he must have been at the same school as me and i probably knew him but i couldn’t see his face and never found out who he was.

Cougar

My daughter has just had some sweet corn removed from her nose

Did the doctor say “I know the problem, you’re not eating properly”?

mudshark
    Free Member

We thought my bro was deaf in one ear so took him to the doc, doc took out a cherry stone; must have been there for years.

Tracey

When I was little I had a trip to A & E with a green crayon stuck up my nose

theotherjonv

my wife called me at work in a panic when daughter was younger with a raisin up the nose.

Easily cleared by blocking one side and then blowing. Surprised you needed medical intervention tbh, you can get quite a decent amount of force this way. Must’ve been much further up.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I once found some sweetcorn and a pea in a woman’s ladybits. 😯

honeybadgerx

I remember during my first experience with Lego I managed to shove one of the little clear ‘one dot’ bits up my nose so far I couldn’t get it out. Handily, I did this whilst on a canal boat holiday in the rump end of nowhere, cue my Dad pinning me to the table and removing it with some tweezers whilst I wailed my head off. Remarkably I still fell in love with Lego (but not canal boats).

tinman66
    Free Member

Not a vegetable but I once got a lump of midget gem stuck up my nose.

Sneezed as I was eating it and it ended up in my nose.

Made my eyes water I’ll tell you that.

honeybadgerx

I once found some sweetcorn and a pea in a woman’s ladybits

Well it was two of your five a day at least.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tell me about it honeybadger 😐

I said, “if I find anything else, I’m going to be sick”

She said, “that’s what’s what the last guy said”

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I did a similar thing with a sultana. Mild panic until I thought to block one nostril and blow hard. Result: sultana flavour bogey. nom nom nom!

This wasn’t last night 😉

nickswolves
    Free Member

Doctor removed a lego piece from my nostril when I was a young boy lol 😳

stumpy01

At uni, I once decided I could eat ‘corn pops’ (retro cereal) whole by just swallowing them. The first was ok, but must have totally dried my throat out as the second slid down & stopped. Once I started going blue, my girlfriend at the time stopped laughing & slapped me really hard on the back & it sailed across the room.

Same girlfriend had a younger brother who stuffed a hearing aid battery down his ear as he thought it would make him hear better.

And the best one was a bloke in my brothers year at school who used to play in the road with us. The buckle of his Casio watch had snapped so he was riding round the street with the strap held between his teeth. He hit a small pothole & somehow managed to swallow the watch! He made it into the Wembley Observer newspaper & a week later when the watch came out it was still working!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I suspect you may have been trying up the “wrong un””

mikeconnor
    Free Member

i once swallowed a tiny cylindrical piece of lego as a child (trying to get something apart using my teeth). to this day I’m not sure if I ever ‘passed’ it. Mind you, it was bright yellow and could easily have been mistaken for a piece of sweetcorn.

luffy105
    Free Member

Picked one of my lads up from school recently to be informed that he had swallowed a small wooden peg…..

Why he put it in his mouth I’ve no idea. The mind boggles

wwaswas

The family of a child my wife taught once dialled 999 when their child swallowed a frozen pea.

Their social worker had been trying to get them to adopt a healthier diet and suggested the introducion of vegetables that hadn’t first been attached to a pizza or deep fried.

They hadn’t had peas before so gave him one ‘to try’ and had a bit of a panic when they realised they should have cooked them first.

mudshark
    Free Member

Left over from a nyotaimori session perhaps?

philconsequence
    Free Member

sweetcorn in ladybits? somebody has been wiping in the wrong direction!

restless
    Free Member

My son had a dry roasted peanut stuck up his nose for about a week.
    The doctor tried to pull it out with an upside down umbrella type instrument, but it snapped the peanut in half.
    He eventually sneezed the rest out a few days later. I kept it as a momento.

Cougar

I once found some sweetcorn and a pea in a woman’s ladybits.

A meat and two veg moment?

molgrips
    Free Member

Cougar – Member

My daughter has just had some sweet corn removed from her nose

Did the doctor say “I know the problem, you’re not eating properly”?

You are –> <– this close to a banning Cougar.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘My daughter has just had some sweet corn removed from her nose’ is closed to new replies.