Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • My dad's just been hurt and I'm scared.
  • hora
    Free Member

Hairychested- all the best.

grynch
    Free Member

STW shows it's true colours once again.

best of luck to your dad, and I hope you manage to visit with him soon,

Hairychested
    Free Member

He's alive, complains about the neck support being uncomfortable, doesn't want to eat as it's not roast meat, wants to go home and have a beer. I should be really pleased I suppose.
    It's tough now but the doctors say it will only get better (my auntie's brother is mates with the Dad's doctor as well as the main nurse so we get the real info instead of the usual bull). They reckon he could leave the hospital in a few days' time, we'll see. Physiotherapy is vital so he might have to stay for a while there.
    I've seen the TV footage of the accident's scene, the ambulance crew were spectacularly quick and professional. I wish I could see the accident itself, there seem to be mixed opinions whose fault it was. Yesterday I was told it was the other driver, today it's Dad. At the end of the day I don't care, cars will be replaced/fixed, make-ups re-done, ribs will heal.
    I'm in a better state tonight, thanks for your warm words, they really helped.

project
    Free Member

Glad your dads making a recovery and complaining always a good sign.

Best wishes to you and your family.

matt_outandabout

Glad to hear it.

*offers a hug*

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

He's alive, complains about the neck support being uncomfortable, doesn't want to eat as it's not roast meat, wants to go home and have a beer. I should be really pleased I suppose.

Damn right you should be pleased – that sound a lot better than yesterday 🙂

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Great news dude

white101

If he's moaning he fine, its a man thing.

Hope the good news keeps comin

jedi

awesome news!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery

MrNutt
    Free Member

hope he fixes fast, what a terrible thing to happen! all the best!!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Just spoken to Mum. She's fine-ish.
    Dad is becoming rather aggressive, fights with shadows, tells everybody off.
    I'm hoping it's the brain recovering, I really am.
    It's going to be a hard night again but it'll be better in the morning. New day, new hope.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Sounds like he's got plenty of life in him 8)

I'm no expert, but I wouldn't worry too much about strange behaviour after what he's gone through. I said some strange things in hospital when I was 14, after a car swung in front of me when I was on my bike – and left me with a fractured skull.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Can't imagine what you're going through but from your post today sounds like he's gonna be fine – really hope so! Take care!

tankslapper
    Free Member

Good to hear man, hope you can see him soon mate.

Hairychested
    Free Member

He's swearing all the time, calling everybody names and telling them to f-off, I find it hilarious especially that he never swore, not even once that I could remember. My poor Mum is blushing and apologising to everybody for his behaviour. Good signs according to the doctors.
    It's a massive load off my shoulders, will see them in a few days. Thanks for your support!
    Kris

jedi

high 5 hairychested! could be ways worse 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

especially that he never swore, not even once that I could remember.

Really……. a cab driver who's never sworn ? 😯

Well he's obviously got a lot of catching up to do !

Glad to hear that he's on the mend 8)

pitduck
    Free Member

raaaaayy 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

Bacardi is flowing, headache tomorrow. Who gives a quack though? 😀

Taff
    Free Member

Nice one bud

Hairychested
    Free Member

Spoken to Dad a few minutes ago, he's very weak, much weaker than I hoped he'd be. It's gut-wrenching, really depressing.
    I'm crying inside, the sadness is tearing me, can't show it though. Everybody believes I'm the positive one who never gives up, they seem to rely on me being optimistic and saying the right things.
    I feel like hitting the bottle, won't as it's pointless. I do believe he'll be fine eventually, it's the bloody feeling of inability to help that's killing me.

Pigface
    Free Member

Be strong dude we are rooting for you and your dad.

Drac

Take a while for him to fight back but he'll get there, sounds like he's had a rough time so he will be weak. Best wishes.

walla24
    Free Member

Staying strong is helping your family dude, hang in there buddy!!
    Hoping for the best for your Dad and you all, stay strong bud…

Hairychested
    Free Member

It's quite impossible to describe how much all your support means to me, no BS. Thanks a lot.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Glad he's doing well. Have you managed to sort out getting home yet?

Thinking of you all.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Yeah, it's all sorted. Back in Ireland tomorrow but, having actually thought of the whole experience, even 3 days with the folks is worth the hassle.
    Time to go back to "serious" issues like tyres and chain oils 🙂

epicyclo

Good luck

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘My dad's just been hurt and I'm scared.’ is closed to new replies.