Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • My cutie pie – snake content
  • Hadge
    Free Member

Here’s my Green Tree Python who is slowly changing from it’s baby colour of yellow to it’s mature bright green. It’s a Merauke GTP to give it the proper name as that’s the area that it originates from in the wild but mine like nearly all available is a captive bred one that saves any snake being taken form the wild illegally. I really can’t wait until it fully matures and gets it’s full adult colours 🙂

racefaceec90

that is a beautiful snake 😀

Hadge
    Free Member

Thanks. The pits along it’s head are amazing and give it a really menacing look but they do an amazing job of locating it’s prey and they can strike accurately in total darkness.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

For a snake, that actually is quite cute.

piha
    Free Member

Does she/he have a name?

Can we have a STW snake naming competition if she/he doesn’t have a name already?

singlecrack
    Free Member

Very nice. beautiful colouring.
    I’m getting a couple of Rankin lizards after Christmas ..can’t wait

Reptiles are Ace

Hadge
    Free Member

Pmsl – no, there’s no name at the moment as “it’s” not been sexed yet. The reason being until they are at least a year old their skeleton is quite fragile and you sex snakes using a probe which with GTP’s can actually do them a lot of harm. My GTP is just over a year old now but they aren’t the best at being handled and so I’m going make sure my local vet can sex it and then I’ll risk my hands and take it down to get “probed”
    The names put forward so far were “Herb” for a male (as in a green herb) or “Fiona” for a female (as in the green monster in Shrek) but any suggestions would be most welcome too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘My cutie pie – snake content’ is closed to new replies.