Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • my closed post from yesterday……………
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

KINGTUT
    Free Member

There's a lot of egos on here, I notice. Some seem more comfortable than others. I don't know enough about Ton to judge him, but maybe some folk could seek alternative ways of expressing themselves, than slagging each other off on a silly internet forum. It's fun, but I've noticed some right nastiness. All a bit silly really.

Peace and love, people. Even if we don't always agree with each other.

**** off hippy.

Talkemada
    Free Member

I love you too KINGTUT. 😀

Why are you shouting?

ton

Ernie……………your still annoyed by Bombadillo arn't you??

go on admit it…………you are. 😆

ronjeremy
    Free Member

You are all Manwells in disguise…….

……and I claim my £5

Talkemada
    Free Member

Actually, KINGTUT's response to my post is rather interesting. I'm assuming it was meant in a light-hearted manner, but KT could have come up with a number of different responses. Does this particular one reflect KT's ego? Or is it the response of a persona; someone he'd like to be, or a caricature of his own design?

My experience of other forums is that there are always a number of socially inadequate types, who will just respond with 'ur mom smells' or some other inane childish insult. They can then sit behind the safety of their keyboard, glowing with the satisfaction they've just dissed someone, without any fear or actual real-world retribution. This forum does seem to be a little different, however, and i'm quite impressed that threads don't always descend into a barrage of puerile insults, even if things get a little 'heated'.

Every single post on here is an attention-seeking act. Some simply want sufficient attention to help with a technical matter, whilst others are perhaps desperate for reassurance, and in some deep manner, possibly affection. Nothing 'wrong' with any of it really. The guy the other day, asking for advice on depression, got a lot of very helpful advice and support. Ton seems to be getting a mixture of both support and derision on here. Is that what he wants? Only he can know that.

Group Hug?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

TooTall – you really need to chill out mate…..I wouldn't get too hung up by the fact that many people get taken in by ton's little game. I rarely comment on ton's threads, preferring as I do to click on them, see what the latest attention-seeking issue is, chuckle, and then go clicking on something else.

And btw, the 'pathetic little fish' reference is completely in line with the plot. Ton like a child first and foremost, wants to be loved. Failing that, he would rather get the attention he craves by getting a good smack for being naughty. You see ton's personal hell is the fear of being ignored.

And he assumes that everyone else shares this fear too. Therefore the automatic rebuff to his critics was to call them "little unnoticeable nonentities". Ton sees himself as a Great White shark in a world surrounded by unimportant and hardly noticeable, "little fish".

…….bless the lovable, larger-than-life, character 8)

ton

for what it is worth, every time i post on here it is for fun. some people like some dont.

i have never gone out of my way to upset anyone, and to be honest the name calling or slagging is like water off a ducks back.

the people who i ride with on a regular basis off this forum will attest to my character.
    and that is all that matter really.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

My response is based on watching too much of the 'Young Ones' when I was young.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh and btw ton………annoyed by the Bombadillo character ? No mate……..grateful actually. You see hiding behind a pseudonym, you were able to be yourself. I found it quite an eye-opener.

ton

😆

ernie, you will have to get over it one day……….. 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Do you think I ever will though ton ?

It's plagued me, and upset me, for so long now.

As you can no doubt imagine.

ton

obviously……

Talkemada
    Free Member

It seems that ton revels in his notoriety, and appears to be positively encouraging folk to slag him off. Maybe he feels comfortable within a confrontational environment. Have you ever been in the army, Ton?

There seems to be a hint of 'I'm a big man, and you're just little fish who don't bother me', but I have to ask, if their comments don't bother you, Ton, why provoke more by attempting to belittle them? It almost seems as if you actually enjoy the fight. Have you played competitive sports? Have you had such an activity cut short due to injury? Does your daily routine lack such occasion for necessary stimulus? Is having a 'do' with folk on here a replacement/substitute for the lack of opportunity to release aggression in your daily life?

Fascinating, this. As are many things on the internet…

teagirl
    Free Member

Ton, I can picture you right now, rolling around with laughter 😆
    This is cheering me up no end! Hoping to join another ride soon!
    Good April Fool yesterday btw!

zaskar
    Free Member

I once watched a boil pierced on tv while having my breakfast…I paused and carried on with breakfast.

Ouch and gross!

Was it like this at the GP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTM_vCN-4KQ

😳

Junkyard
    Free Member

Talk he is not aggressive but he does meet fire with fire. he wil not be turning the other cheek but he never seems to start the aggro. Perhaps him and ernie just dont like each other and neither will let it lie? Actually that bit is true. He can be confrontational but aren't a lot of regular posters on here as well as opinionated with an over[or under] inflated value of their own self worth and /or opinion /intelectual powers. Perhaps we are all lacking in something on here? perhaps it is easy to sit behind a keyboard after watching to many American tv programmes and think we can "profile " posters. Perhaps he just does not care what anyone on here thinks and is free from the social convention of requiring peer approvale.
    Isn't conjecture about someone you dont really know fun.

Talkemada
    Free Member

I'd be interested in hearing the Big Fish speak for himself… 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Hey Junkyard, leave me out of this ….. I don't dislike anyone on here, whatever their opinions of me might be – why should I ?

And I agree teagirl – I'm sure ton is rolling around with laughter right now. He's got what he craves most, after all.

trailmonkey

?? ?? ???? ???? ???? ?? ???? ?????? ???? ?

??, ? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??

ton

trailmonkey……what does that say.

teagirl, you and the ladies are more than welcome anytime

Junkyard
    Free Member

OK ernie but why an insult in every post? Is it just your normal way of dealing with friends?
    Sh1t I am doing it now I dont actually dislike you…your posts are often amusing and insightful even if I am a bit of a soft lefty for you [ guardian reading vegan tree hugger it is true] I only get annoyed with ratty and Whoppit on here and I just dont engage with them much as they are both beyond persuassion.
    Talk..I would be interested in you defending your position rather than just talking about others it was only a gentle dig at you you could have responded

Talkemada
    Free Member

EDIT: Actually, scrap that. I'm really not that interested.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘my closed post from yesterday……………’ is closed to new replies.