Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • My cassettes fallen off…
  • tpoles95
    Free Member

Hi,

i was cleaning off my brake discs and noticed that when i picked up my wheel the cassette was missing and sat on the floor. i know its probably a bit vague but could anyone tell whats fallen off/ failed for it to come off on its own?

thanks
    Tom

simondbarnes

What hub is it?

MrOvershoot

Well the obvious answer is the lockring

The bit in the middle

tpoles95
    Free Member

its the standard on 2015 zesty 327 am, google says a formula dc51

Onzadog
    Free Member

My guess is that it’s a cartridge bearing hub and the freehub has come off with the cassette.

Not a tricky job but easier if you remove the cassette from the freehub body and familiarise yourself with the Pawlenty mechanism for your hub.

tjagain

If its a hope hub thats what they do. is it just the cassette or is part of the hub still inside the cassette?

tpoles95
    Free Member

it might be related but i have had trouble lately getting the rear axle to fasten up, quite a few times i have been tightening it and the round part with the two flat sides on the side of the hub spins when doing the wheel up and doesn’t get any tighter (side with the cassette on )

tpoles95
    Free Member

bike pic

this part seems to be loose

tthew

Is that the end of the axle? Is the freehub inside the cassette?, (it looks like it is). Can you take a photo of what’s left of the hub? Looks quite serious, i.e. not something you’re just going to be able to reassemble and pop the wheel back in.

orangeboy
    Free Member

You should be able to put the cassette/freehubody back on and then screw that end cap back on the axle , it’s may be a left hand thread so may up by turning it anti – clockwise.
    If you just do it up by hand it will happen again. Does the left hand side of the hub have two parts with cone spanner slots in them and or does the axle have a fitting inside it
    For a large Allen key

tpoles95
    Free Member

heres the opposite side of the hub
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/64223596@N06/30163517013/in/dateposted-public/

heres whats left with the cassette off
    hub pic 2

epicyclo

It’s a sign from above.

If you don’t fit one of these now more bits will fall off… 🙂

orangeboy
    Free Member

Yep put Allen key in the left and tighten the nut back into the right.
    If the bearing feels to tight adjust the preload on the left with the cone and lock nut

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘My cassettes fallen off…’ is closed to new replies.