Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • My car is possessed!
  • Saccades
    Free Member

Cursed thing!

Went to start my car, it’s a diesel engine and it’s coldish so I gave it two pre-warms before I tried to start it. Nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Turned the key onto ignotion and I got nothing from the engine but a loud repeated ticking noise whilst the dash board lights all went mad and the central locking flicked rapidly on and off.

Engine bay looks perfectly dry, I had expected a load of snow in there shorting something out.

Anyone give me some idea of whats going on?

Rover L-series (intercooled) which has worked perfectly so far.

markenduro
    Free Member

Flat Battery

Drac

It’s a Rover.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I haven’t a clue but I think “ignotion” should actually be a word…for the ignition on really old cars

markenduro
    Free Member

It’s over

cp

sounds like the battery is one it’s way out, and as you try to crank it, the voltage drops so low that stuff goes slighty bonkers. if a battery is on it’s way out, the cold will really empahsise it.

my 205 did it in the cold until i changed the battery…

GrahamS

Probably your ABS…

sofatester
    Free Member

New battery and it’s a Rover.

Saccades
    Free Member

sorry about the poor typing – hands are freezing and a bit clumsey.

Will see if I can bump start the car from another one then? Then I’ll know it’s a flat battery.

People may laugh at it being a rover but my last one got to 216k miles before some twunt pulled out in front of me writing it off. Cheap and reliable (until today), thats all I ask.

Drac

If it is the battery probably cheaper to buy a new Rover.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘My car is possessed!’ is closed to new replies.