Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • my car insurance is rubbish!!
  • renton
    Free Member

AS you know i had a crash on boxing day.

priviledge my insurance company still have not contacted the other blokes insurance yet , they keep saying"well weve tried to phone them but just get put on hold"???

surely they must try harder to sort it out !!

cheers

steve

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Do you have the other person's insurance details?
    I've gone direct before now to register it with them directly to kick things along.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Car insurance is the biggest scam going

I waited 9 months for a claim to be sorted out after some bint drove her motorbike into me in France while i was stationary on a small mountain road, it ended up 50\50 and i lost my protected no claims, had to pay £200 excess, thanks for that !!

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

Now this is interesting, I've been going through the whole car insurance thing as I'm giving up my company car after many years. First thing I noticed is these web sites (go compare, confused.com) are actually rubbish. I went direct to one company listed and saved over £100. Its not right IMO.

RE the having to wait thing, I had a car stolen years ago and the insurance company offered me a paltry sum it was down to me to prove the car was worth more. It went on for months before it go sorted. It just seems to be acceptable for this to happen, wrong, wrong, wrong.

renton
    Free Member

the other bloke has already contacted his insurance as i phoned them about a hire car upgrade for me and they have been told by him a completley different version of events .

Jerome
    Free Member

My car was hit overnight.
    Even though some kind sole left third pary details, I am resigned to claiming on my own insurance.

midlifecrashes

I'll just put in a good word for Direct Line. Got rear ended just before Christmas, but was still drivable. Exchanged details etc, DL organised a bodyshop, JustCarClinic, a like for like hire car and kept me running. Car is back on the road and it only cost me an hour or two collecting and picking up, which to be fair they ad offered to collect and deliver, but that would have meant me sitting around waiting for them, and I've been too busy for that lately.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Not commenting on the specifics of this thread but i started my working life as a claims handler for a huuge brokerage. We used to do all the pressing for customers on claims and often ended up actually fighting claims on behalf of the insurers. It was mainly commercial fleets (Stobarts etc) but we also represented our private customers as well.

Well those days are gone now because everyone wants to save money. You can blame the insurance companies as much as you like, but people have voted with their feet by killing off brokers and going direct to save a few pounds. You cant have it both ways like Mr Pugwash says, he saved £100. Well how is a broker supposed to compete with that. You pin the costs to the floor and you get what you pay for.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Well how is a broker supposed to compete with that. You pin the costs to the floor and you get what you pay for.

I am with a broker, i only communicated with them to get a claim form, the insurance company then just pestered me for info, i didnt hear a jot from said broker and still haven't.

Not all brokers seem to work for their money either

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘my car insurance is rubbish!!’ is closed to new replies.