• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by poah.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • My brakes squeal like a pig and it's embarrassing!
  • fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

So I bleed my brakes last week and stupidly got some fluid on the pads, yes i know i should have taken them out!

Since then the brakes have made a ear splitting noise under heavy braking. I’ve tried sanding the pads and cleaning the rotors with Muc Off rotor cleaner but nothing seems to work.

I’m looking to get some new pads anyway as the old ones are quite worn but which compound is the least likely to squeal like a ba$tard?

Ta

philjunior
    Free Member

May I be the first to suggest a compound that does not have brake fluid on it?

Make sure you clean off the disc well an maybe use some sandpaper just to make sure there’s no contaminants left on it.

babble
    Free Member

any which you don’t get brake fluid on.

when you get the new pads, don’t touch the pad-bits with your fingers at any point or allow any grease on them. then I would always lightly sand (with very fine sand-paper) and clean the disk rotors and then i always run them in again. (i.e. go out to a big hill and roll down, and almost, but not fully stop, smoothly, about twenty times on each disk, to coat them smoothly in brake pad stuff.

babble
    Free Member

ah, too late. i’m not used to a forum with so many active posters! personally if quietness is your main concern, organic pads tend to be a little quieter in my experience. (but you will be replacing them in half the time of the metally ones.

poah
    Free Member

Buy new pads, wash discs In detergent, rinse and dry before sanding them. Refit to bike and bed new pads in

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My brakes squeal like a pig and it's embarrassing!’ is closed to new replies.