Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • My new 'bimbling about with a bump' bike!
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I've just learnt how to upload photos so thought I'd use it as an excuse to show off my new little 'bump-bike'!

It's designed for bimbling about on cycle paths and popping to friends' houses and the shops while I am with-bump.

Very practical little bike:

– Carbon forks and seatpost for comfort on the road
    – 1.6 puncture-resistant slicks for the road
    – 6 easy gears mounted onto my hope ss hub for easy bimbling/pulling shopping trailer (yep, I now have a shopping trailer too!)
    – Halo hex skewers to ward off opportunitist wheel thiefs and to hold on my trailer nice and securely
    – Flat pedals for easy popping to the shops
    – Tall steerer and high bars for bump comfort!

So all in all it's not exactly cool, but I really like it! And it'll go back to being a lovely little ss with suspension forks and proper tyres post-bump.

See, there is a bike for every occassion!

What do you reckon?!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Congratulations

Mrs TJ has a very similar bike as her commuter and loves it. Beware proclaiming on here that you are "with bump" – the safety nazis will be along shortly to tell you you need to be wrapped in cotton wool for the next 9 months.

RealMan
    Free Member

Is that a loose electrical cable running along the floor?

Dirty grips. I've got the same ones, was a stupid idea.

Nice though.

Keva
    Free Member

hey how are you doin' ? Little Red Rock Lobster is still going sweet as 🙂

That looks a nice bike, inbreds do ride very nicely but not quite as nice as the 853 RL 🙂 hey and you might just get used to those carbon forks, I have a pair on my Giant XTC and rigid is ace, soo responsive. Not too sure about those tyres with all the snow though ? – especially with bump. take care out there.

Kev

clubber
    Free Member

Good to see you're going to keep active – no point sitting around doing nothing while pregnant.

That is the nice thing about hardtails though – they can be very versatile – my Kona has done everything from racing to touring to jumping to baby seat carrying which is what I expect you'll be fitting once bump is no more 🙂

muggomagic

Good bike for afterwards too. Once your baby is old enough you can fit a trailer or seat on the back and take them out and about. My eldest 2 loved going for rides with me. My youngest daughter is 7 months now, so when it warms up a little she'll be out with me too.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks guys! I was expecting more abuse!

TJ – ha thanks. Yep, have already had that from a few on a previous thread! Thankfully I was born with a wonderful thing called common sense so know where to draw the line… no more black runs at Afan for a while :mrgreen:

Keva – cool, glad to hear it! 😀 Don't worry I'm not riding in the snow – It's hard enough just staying on two feet out there at the moment! Oh and I'm not sure about the rigid forks – I'm too lazy to be without a bit of cushioning! 😀

Realman – yep the grips looked good for about a day! I don't mind the brown though. It's speaker cable, need to sort that out, but stereo has only been up a few days so I reckon I've got a few days grace.

Thanks Clubber – yep, hardtails are ace, like muggomagic says, it'll be good for a year's time when the little bean can come out riding too! Can't wait! 😀

jackthedog
    Free Member

That looks really very nice – don't ruin its proportions by fitting the rest of the crudguard!

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks! Oh and I know – I had to take the mudguards off for the photo as they're just so ugly! I do like not getting a wet bum though, and making it more ugly when it's locked up at the shop isn't necessarily a bad thing!

Bunnyhop

Yay. I have one of those. However mine is used for the serious, hard off roading of the Peak District. Only kidding.

Enjoy until the bump gets too big.

sharki
    Free Member

How sweet.

Clink

Nice! 🙂 My oldest is still enjoying the 14" ss Inbred we got from you!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Looks good 8) . I'm sure I'll get around to rebuilding mine one of these days.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Haha, thanks guys! I do love it!

Clink – glad to hear it! It's best I don't count how many inbreds I've had in this last year… seriously! Just keep coming back to them.

Mamadirt – when we go for that ride post bump and you have a quick blast on mine, you know you will! (How are those forks btw? Can't wait to try mine – it'll be a proper back to biking treat!)

mamadirt
    Free Member

The forks are fantastic – bike feels so much better with shorter forks up front . . . at least till I try the d/h track again (and they'll fit my Inbred a treat too when I fancy a change 😉 )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘My new 'bimbling about with a bump' bike!’ is closed to new replies.