Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • My best upgrade – the jedi !
  • sprocker
    Free Member

been riding for alot of years and gone through alot of kit looking for improvements to my riding, none of which has done anything near as much as the session with the jedi today. Four of us had a group session with Tony today including my wife who has done very little and the simple changes he made to setup, technique made incredible difference.

I have spent years grooving faults which he undid over the day and my wife got her wheels in the air for the first time. The reason we fall off so much became apparent and none of us could believe the level of grip on offer with the correct cornering technique.

If you really want to improve your riding get booked in, I am already looking forward to my next trip and bigger gaps 😀

crush83
    Free Member

Gonna have to do one of these days soon

jedi

sprocker, glad you enjoyed it. it was fun 🙂

fathomer

Love reading things like this, I’m booked in a week on Friday and can’t wait!

jedi

fathomer, not long to go now 😀

makkag
    Free Member

Lucky buggers , im looking forward to my go and its still 2 months away !

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m taking the wife down next week. I’m not even riding but I’m looking to it for her.

fathomer

makkag – Member
    Lucky buggers , im looking forward to my go and its still 2 months away !

I’ve been booked in since January, so had a bit of a wait 😀

jedi

I’d do it 24 hrs a day if my brain could handle it 🙂

muddyfunster
    Free Member

sprocker – Member

been riding for alot of years and gone through alot of kit looking for improvements to my riding, none of which has done anything near as much as the session with the jedi today.

What had you been doing so wrong all these years?

eyerideit
    Free Member

Jedi is also on my list quite close to the top now.

I’m not sure whether to:

a) be greedy and do a solo session
    b) arrange to get my riding buddy in on it.
    c) book a session with mrs eye who’s a real novice

What ever, I really want to be jedi’d

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

eyerideit – here’s my advice….

I went as part of a group of 8 – I was advised before hand that a one to one session was the best option to choose, but the chance to go as a larger group came up so I took it.

I think this worked better for me as I didn’t feel the attention was on me all of the time – it helped me relax more (don’t think I’ve ever concentrated on my riding as much as I did that day).

You’ll hopefully know what sort of attention will work best for you – either way it’ll be the best money you’ve spent on biking 😀

jedi

high5! cycl1ngjb 🙂

xcentric
    Free Member

one q for all the enthusiastic customers out there – or jedi – how fit do you need to be. Am getting back into biking, and need to up my skills for sure – but am unfit. Should I get fit first, then go, or go anyway. Concerned that I’ll have had it after an hour 🙂

sprocker
    Free Member

muddyfunster – wrong = cornering head/body/eye position and jumping ie lifting of the lip and trying to spot landings.

xcentric – can’t speak for you but our group found it mentally more demanding than physically, we were there for about 5 1/2 hours which to be is really good value for £85

soobalias
    Free Member

RE Fitness levels.

i would second what sproker says, the mental work is more exhausting than the physical side.

i would recommend anyone undertake some skills training rather than blindly trying to up their fitness, you will likely come away thinking that a lot of the effort you put into raising your fitness has also been channelled into bad habits/technique.

that said if you cant manage an hour ride, you might want to leave it a few weeks/months till you have basic fitness

everyone is different at the end of the day.

ventanarider
    Free Member

xcentric you will have plenty of time to get fit before Jedi can fit you in for a session 🙄

xcentric
    Free Member

fair enough, all. I can manage a couple of hours, so maybe am fit enough to benefit. And, as ventanarider says, I may have a long wait….. cheers all.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@xcentric – book the session and then work on your fitness, you’ll have a goal. FWIW top level coaches say you can go from very average to pretty good fitness in 12 weeks – just needs time and dedication.

It’s tiring mentally and physically, mentally because you are trying to take in what’s said, observe the demos and physically because you are sessioning sections, noting how it feels and making adjustments and pushing or riding back up.

slowrider
    Free Member

xcentric, get coaching asap, you’ll be motivated to ride all the time!

Euro
    Free Member

xcentric – Member
    Should I get fit first, then go, or go anyway.

Get fit first, and while you riding you can think about what you doing and you may not need a skills course after all.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Euro

Get fit first, and while you riding you can think about what you doing and you may not need a skills course after all.

Sacrilege. Thou shalt not practice thine riding without the presence of one who is trained in the ways of teaching the rites.

sprocker
    Free Member

you are such a funster !!

Archibald
    Free Member

How unfit? I hadn’t really done any serious bike work since I was a teen and wasn’t particularly bike fit when I had my 1 on 1 but come the end of the lesson I was gutted my time was up as I felt Jedi could of progressed me a lot further than he already had (which was loads).

Too bad I am so far away now as I’d love to go back, one day maybe.

One good thing I took from the session was how I had missed pissing around jumping bikes.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

sprocker

you are such a funster !!

And if by that you mean dick, then yes!!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

It’s funny as I have know Tony (jedi) for a long time now, well before he got into coaching & having ridden with him a bit I can 100% say that what he does is not just a living, it’s his life.

All the haters on the WWW will not get him down & I am so happy that he has made his way as a coach, you could not meet a more genuine guy & that is why everyone that meets him raves about him, not because he asked them to, but because they want to. I suppose I was lucky that just by riding with him he taught me for free, his enthusiasm knows no bounds & that alone is worth the money.

Stay happy Tony.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘My best upgrade – the jedi !’ is closed to new replies.