Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • My 3 1/2 year old can pedal! What bike?
  • nacho
    Free Member

As I say, I promised my girl a new bike when she can pedal properly and now she can 😛 (she currently rides an Apollo Firechief, 12" wheels, £2 from the tip)
    Now I have to fulfill my promise. No fixed budget but "the less the better" as we don't have loads of cash. Will consider new or used. Any recommendations?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Cnoc 14

nacho
    Free Member

Cheers Reggiegasket, funny I just called my mate who works at my lbs and he said go for an Islabike if you can – and STW's first post confirms his view!

Trekster

Islabike

4yr old grandson has just taken off on his 😆

Easy to get best £% back on these bikes and can trade in on another, so says daughter & partner.

aracer
    Free Member

You come on STW asking about a bike for a 3 year old – what answer did you expect? Is the STW indulgent parent's bike of choice.

nacho
    Free Member

So I see…thanks all, Mrs nacho is currently scouring t'internet to see what we can find one for, and a call to the LBS beckons tomorrow.

bi6al
    Free Member

i got my son a ghost powerkid 12 amazing quality alloy frame rims etc even has a large flag that you fit to the back of it. can highly reccomend it.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

As already said islabike great service and really knew what was best for him. Ended up with a Brenin 20 (he's just 5), perfect. His riding has taken a massive step forward. IMO (indulging parent) 🙂

lister

Cnoc16 for my almost 4 year old, glad we wnet for the 16, he's a big lad and I thnk the 14 wouldn't have lasted him long.

He got his at Christmas and now can easily do about 8 km on the local (flat) old railway line.
    Also went for the 16 as someone on here pointed out that you can get 'proper' knobblie tyres for 16 " wheels, but not 14"…thinking forward to a light spot of offroading by next year… 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘My 3 1/2 year old can pedal! What bike?’ is closed to new replies.