Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • My 1st Singlespeed!
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Finally got my Singlespeed pub bike finished I had some wheels lying around from a previous bike along with pedals, and a stem so I thought it would be nice to get some other bits to build up a steed for messing about on so I kept an eye out for a frame on STW and bagged a nice On One Inbred frame along with a set of Avid Juicy 7’s and a 120mm adjustable travel Magura fork, the only new bits are the handlebars, BB Crank & chain I had the Chain Tensioner, rear sprocket and some spacer given to me by a nice chap on STW. So in in all I’ve done well and its great to ride, yet to ride it in anger on the rough stuff though. Running a 32-17 which is fine until if I get fitter.

Do i have to grow my hair and a silly beard now 😕

cp

THAT’s a pub bike???!!!!

would love to see your day to day bike 😉

PS, very nice. I like the fact you had some wheels and a stem lying around was enough to encourage a complete new build!

chainslapp
    Free Member

That looks good. Ive just converted mine into SS.

wwaswas

Ti 29er pub bike, chapeau!

Pieeater
    Free Member

Drop the squidgy forks – go rigid and stick 14T on the back.

grantus
    Free Member

Some nice looking bikes there.

14t – not too sure about that!

I’m running 32×16 on a GT Zaskar with a cheap-as-chips steel fork and Avid V brakes.

Think a nice rigid Carbon Fork would make a nice upgrade, as would disks. Don’t know if the suspension up front would make too much of a difference to me now i’m used to riding rigid.

Think 32*18 is the way to go for me personally for anything over 2-3 hours.

Like the silver on one.

ononeorange

Where did you get the added sun from?!

chainslapp
    Free Member

wwaswas, that’s not my pub bike, I have a Santa Cruz Tall Boy for jaunts to the local for a swift creme de menthe. 😆

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Seeing as SS inbred’s seem to be here, heres mine:

its running fixed with A Velo Solo Cog and is LHD and has been loveingly decorated by the guys at work

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks great, nicer than my regular/non-pub bike!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘My 1st Singlespeed!’ is closed to new replies.