Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • My 1st film – entitled How to Break your fingers….
  • JPcapel
    Free Member

This is my first stab at a film, some additional editing was done via STW memeber Hei Hei (many thanks – greatly improved IMHO).
    All shot solo, using a Canon DLSR and a gorilla pod wrapped around tree branches or sat on tree stumps.
    The eventual outcome of shotting my accident which resulted in a trip to A&E and being told 2x broken fingers is just a bonus of the filming for that day!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Wicked – great flick but sorry to hear abut ya fingrs 🙁

oldgit
    Free Member

Daft hapeth.

JPcapel
    Free Member

Thanks foxyrider
    Went to put my wedding ring back on this morning, having bust fingers on 15 April (am thankful now that I always take my ring off before riding) to find ring finger kuckle remains about 3 sizes to large due to swelling!
    Am booked for UKBikepark on Sun 16th May with hospital saying takes a few weeks to heal, so hoping they have got their estimation of time about right…. am tempted not to say "fingers crossed" …..

dmiller
    Free Member

Thats a superb video – very nice quality!

theflatboy
    Free Member

what actually happened – your wheels go in a rut or something? bike seems to go straight, you go sideways 😆

yesiamtom
    Free Member

nice video – would be improved with a dedicated camera man i think but thats obvious and it works well without. Also i felt you should have cycled through each frame because it was clear you were stopping at the end of them. Perhaps just cut a second to early.

Picky i know but its still a good video that i enjoyed watching 🙂

JPcapel
    Free Member

theflatboy
    Its a small – really small lip of a jump between 2 trees, which has a nice berm to land on, which itself is a tight left hander. You aim to pop a small air, land on the berm and get fired out of it.
    Having got the camera out, I decided everything looked better if you ride it twice as fast as usual, So having got into the grove for the bulk of the morning this last bit of filming was just destined to end badly really.
    I have never ridden at that lip/left hand bermed turn at anywhere near the speed of this film, still not sure why I did, but I rode at it like an spanner and crashed as a result! all in the name of making a decent ending for the film !
    In the air I knew I'd over cooked it, stabbed on the brakes upon landing (bike going straight) then decided I'd like to exit stage left – cue me trying to get off the bike to the left – then a split second later wham tree in the face. Fingers broke from me landing badly on my hand, not the impact, full face lid and body armour worked perfectly and no pain at all from actual impact ! mad!

Potdog
    Free Member

Very nice quality. Pity about the camera bag in shot early on, but hey I can't say owt, my results are rarely that good 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

haha, fair play – sacrifices in the name of art, and all that 🙂

glenncampbell

great video – hope the fingers heal well!

LoCo
    Free Member

Nice video mate, sorry about the fingers, is the rebound on your rear shock quite quick? just seems to kick a bit on some of the take offs. Not taking the p@@s, just an observation.

pastcaring
    Free Member

great for a self filmed film, but you need some landings, drops/jumps to flat are so 1982 😆

JPcapel
    Free Member

The black & white jump is work in progress, the landing has yet to be constructed, but we wanted to test it for size ! it doesn't ride nicely either landing to flat from that height.

theotherjonv

Bunch of poofs.

I played in goal for 25 years and kept wicket for even longer, and often played with broken fingers. Tape them together and mtfu.

Not sure of the biking equivalent but when keeping wicket with a broken finger it really focuses your mind on catching the ball cleanly in the palms. Cos it hurts like hell when you don't.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Nice video! I hope you heal fast!

chakaping
    Free Member

I enjoyed that too, apart from you hurting yourself of course.

Looks like a fun place to ride though.

singletrackmind

Shackleford near Godalming?
    Very high quality film and nice toons on the soundtrack.
    Looks like Febuary with the leaves on the ground.
    Hope you get your pinkeys sorted soon.

heihei

Yep Shackleford nr Godalming. Over the past couple of years we've built up some hidden stuff designed to push us outside of our comfort zone and therefore improve our riding. We usually build something, ride it on the big bikes then progress to riding it on hardtails.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘My 1st film – entitled How to Break your fingers….’ is closed to new replies.