Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mx'ers with fake plates
  • carlos
    Free Member

Whilst out and about last weekend, spotted a group of Mx’ers and at least two had the same reg plate.

As it stands I’ve not reported it, I’m not to sure how it could get chased up by the police anyway, as most of the time the plates are unreadable as they’re covered in Cr4p.

Not really got a description of the riders as they all had helmets on etc.. Best I could do would be guess height, weight age and skin colour.

Anyway, I’ve been thinking that I should report it as if there is an accident, irrelevant of if its a legal right of way for them or not, there would be no way to trace them whatsoever if they were to ride off etc… and either leave someone injured or property damaged.

Now it might well be that the bikes are insured, mot’ed, have lights, VED etc.. but a false plate is a false plate right?? and its illegal.

Yeah yeah, we’ve all been and ridden stuff we shouldn’t and broke the law speeding etc.. but this is different right?

So, would you report it and to whom??

Trimix
    Free Member

Report what ? You saw something dodgy but cant tell who it is and they will now have gone.

Call the police if it bothers you, but I cant see what will happen as a result that will be of use to anyone or anything.

Personally Id ignore it. Assuming they didn’t cause you a problem, then why bother ?

(Just be glad we don’t have number plates)

singlespeedstu

They weren’t MXers.
    Mxers race on closed circuits.
    MXers don’t have any plates or lights or VED…

taxi25
    Free Member

I used to use my MX bike to do Enduro’s. 99% of the route was of road, but as you might have to cross a road your bike was supposed to be road legal and registered. I had a plate made up with my van’s reg on it and would borrow the tax disc. Events were full of Jcb’s, transits and tractors.
    Best report me now Carlos I’m not sure I can live with the guilt 😀

stu170
    Free Member

As taxi says its the norm within enduro events, personally I see nothing wrong unless the enduro rider buries himself into the side of my car and won’t pay up. But being a country bumpkin I have seen cars being bought for scrap identical to the one the owner has, but in better condition and the plates for the road worthy but buggered one being stuck on the good but for scrap vehicle. The only one to spot it was a 6 year old who said “dad why have we now got a sunroof”

Cougar

Report what ?

And therein lies the problem.

I saw a lad on an MX bike come out of a side street tonight, carved across the road mostly on the wrong side, then booted it up the main road with his right leg dangling off into thin air, straight through a mini-roundabout without slowing or turning his head to look. No number plates, so presumably no insurance / tax / MOT / licence / tuition / brains.

Frankly, IMHO feckers like that need jailing before they kill someone. But who can I tell? I ring the police, he could be in the next time zone by the time they get anywhere near.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Bloody cyclists

Ooops, sorry, wrong forum

Bloody MXers

carlos
    Free Member

[/quote]Cougar – Moderator
    Report what ?
    And therein lies the problem.

A reg??

These guys were not on an Enduro event, they were just riding around The Peak linking stuff up with roads. But seems this is ok without Ins and on false plate.

Well everyday is a school day, as they say 🙄

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mx'ers with fake plates’ is closed to new replies.