Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Muvi camera mounting
  • connieboy
    Free Member

Hi
    Just joined the forum so first off, Hi pleased to meet you all.
    Now on with the question, just purchased a mini muvi camera and was wondering the best mounting place, Bike or Helmet??
    I Have bought the extreme pack so have the mounting bracket.
    Many thanks
    Con

lumberjack
    Free Member

Hey Con,

I just got one of these too, I’ve been playing around with clipping it to various rucksack straps so fas and it seems to work OK.

Have you got the proper helmet mount? I’d be interested to see if you think it’s worth the money, I was going to see what I cam make out of an old headtorch strap this weekend. I’ll let you know how I get on.

connieboy
    Free Member

Hi mate
    yeah its a mount that fits to your bike and your helmet, just trying to find the best way to mount, it comes with velcro straps but I think i will try cable ties as they are more secure, you get a headstrap with the pack, I got mine off play.com for £9.99

slowrider
    Free Member

Hi, welcome and all that jazz

My method for mounting my muvi was; try it on the helmet for a bit-too joggly

Try it on my chest for a bit- still too joggly

Make my own bracket for my helmet- less joggly

Get fed up with the battery life being 5 minutes, throw a tantrum on snowdon, snap it off, stamp on it, never worry about it again!

To be fair, mine was one of the £8 eBay copies so I couldn’t really complain too much

grahamh
    Free Member

I tape mine to the seat post, gives a steady image.

footstomper
    Free Member

Have one and tried in various places using the mounts that came with it, helmet/bars/back pack strap/ and all gave wobble video. The last time I taped it securely to the bars and got a much better result. One of my cycling buddies taped his to a helmet and again got decent results.
    Jist of this is tape it securely and you will get a much better result than using the mount.

thepodge
    Free Member

bars or helmet gave the same image for me but I found helmet mounted gave a more interesting vid

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Muvi camera mounting’ is closed to new replies.