• This topic has 32 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Mutiny
  • bodgy
    Free Member

Well, I thought it was pretty good. I think I may have a slight man-crush on Ant Middleton.

Jamie
    Free Member

When I am in power, these context-less threads will be first against the wall.

bodgy
    Free Member
    BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash

Quite enjoying this. Ant was great in the SAS survival show last year. Wouldn’t want to upset him.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

*Edited

bodgy
    Free Member

Well there’s a non-starter of a thread. Excuse me for trying.

Jakester
    Free Member

Ker-ist! Could have done without seeing those salt sores at the end!!

bodgy
    Free Member

@Teetosugars probably best that you decided to take down that vague derision of somebody who was a vanguard Pointsman throughout three tours of Afghanistan.

greentricky
    Free Member

That hand infection looked nasty, couldnt touch his forefinger to thumb for four days and didnt think it worth mentioning

siwhite
    Free Member

vanguard Pointsman

A what?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

@Teetosugars probably best that you decided to take down that vague derision of somebody who was a vanguard Pointsman throughout three tours of Afghanistan.

I never derided anyone.. just mearly out he was B not A.
    Didn’t really see it as anything to get your knickers in a twist over..

That’s the thing about us ex-forces types, we happily rip the piss out of each other…
    But I guess you’d know that.

ulysse
    Free Member

siwhite – Member
    vanguard Pointsman
    A what

A paid killer.

mt
    Free Member

So in this instance then a can do guy then. They all have my respect even that tit Chris, mind he’d be left on land if I had any say. Like the sound of this drug stuff there trying,

Kryton57

I like it.

I’m taking personal note of Ants can do / no moaning attitude.

ulysse
    Free Member

I prefer Ultimate Farce for all my Walt based masturbatory fantasising

mt
    Free Member

Have read about Blights journey and he became a RN man to be respected with a great career. Maligned in various novels and films. How you can reenact the journey he and his crew made in the modern day is not possible but these guys are as close as possible for our entertainment (and their own). It’s a great programme and really interesting, it shows what a soft life we have compared to those that came before us.

pictonroad

My tuppence:

Ant made an error when he said to Chris, “the lads told me they don’t want you on the boat”. He should have said he was undecided and left them out of it. He’s the Cap’n, it’s his responsibility to take the flak, they clearly wanted the conversation to be in confidence.

Other than that; man crush

MoreCashThanDash

Agree with pictonroad, could have handled it better. And/or earlier.

Kryton57

Its a SAS not corporate Office/HR technique. Its purposeful and designed for the individual to know they are a weak link in a team, which may cost lives.

The individual makes the decision to shape up quickly knowing this, or abstain knowing they won’t live up to the requirement.

On the flip side, the rest of the team know for sure that they are carrying a weak link and if necessary are not surprised and are aware that decisive action may be needed to assist.

No “WTF?” going on.

pictonroad

I understand that, but it’s a telly programme, I’d have handled it differently, that’s all there is to it really.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I am struggling with all the fake danger.

There is no possibility of their boat going on the rocks in the surf. They will have several support craft with them.

Not saying it’s not tough and uncomfortable but they are not exposed to the danger that producers want us to think.

Marin
    Free Member

“When boats were made of wood men were made of steel”
    Good quote.

Marin
    Free Member

“When boats were made of wood men were made of steel”
    Good quote.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

bodgy – Member
    Well, I thought it was pretty good. I think I may have a slight man-crush on Ant Middleton.

Was he the guy who slapped Jason Cundy?

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s so good they made it a board game

Marin
    Free Member

Ooh thats looks fun. From Baltimore Maryland. I had lots of fun there about 20 years ago.
    Whose Jason Cundy?

gobuchul
    Free Member

it’s so good they made it a board game

Ah! Avalon Hill. The most complex, difficult and impossible to understand games ever.

I bought an old copy of Tac Air from ebay a few years ago, tried and failed several times to get an understanding of it!

somouk
    Free Member

I understand that, but it’s a telly programme, I’d have handled it differently, that’s all there is to it really.

Classic military technique, I don’t care if you hate me as I’m the boss but think about the lads who are watching your back.

I quite like the program, I suspect there is a lot of editing going on to make people look how the producers want you to see them but from what I’ve seen it’s not a comfortable journey either way and not something I’d be jumping up and down to join in with.

epicyclo

I have a file with the lines and offsets of the Bounty’s boat that I’ve had sitting around for over 30 years, so it was interesting to see how it rode on those waves – nice and buoyant, as expected.

I was quite keen to watch this, but really it’s a parody. The captain is fine, as is the doctor, but there seems to have been little preparation of the rest of the crew, eg the carpenter wasn’t sure how he would go with the tools provided – that would have been second nature to the original carpenter, and you’d think he’d have been given time to familiarise himself with those tools. The original crew would have known their ropes and been somewhat more hardy to put it mildly.

It was spoilt for me when that character was having a naughty tantrum about gathering firewood, so I just turned it off. I was hoping for historical realism as much as is possible in a recreation, but there was no chance of a keel-hauling… 🙂

outofbreath
    Free Member

Thought I recognised the boat but it just came back to me.

Seems Chris isn’t quite so lazy IRL:

Chris Jacks completes solo journey around Britain

johndoh
    Free Member

I was really annoyed at last night’s episode – when they were on the second island and needing water, I expected Ant to take a step back, watch them *try* to find water then step in with ‘survival’ ways to find it.

But no, the show producers simply dumped some nice fresh water in a boat for them – I don’t believe for a minute there just happened to be a boat there, and there just happened to be collected rain water in it even though the rest of the island was apparently barren.

Rubbish.

Marin
    Free Member

Well I’m still enjoying it. His approach to Chris? was right as he did get on with the team aspect for a while but obviously not a team player more an independent player. Interesting to see physical and mental decline and wonder how I’d cope.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Mutiny’ is closed to new replies.